FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse repeating cursor locations different

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sladet99

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:09 pm

Mouse repeating cursor locations different

I have recently setup a second PC for boxing five WoW accounts, two on the main three on the second. Firing up the team last night I had some unexpected mouse repeating issues. The mouse repeating worked properly on the two clients on the main pc. However the cursor on the second PC clients was not in the same location as the main PC but were in the same position on the three on the second PC. By watching the second PC monitor I could move the cursor to a clickable button, but the other two clients did not respond to a mouse click. Keyboard repeating works just fine.

Two PCs, one Win 7 the other Vista Ultimate.

The Win 7 pc is the main with two monitors with two clients. Video layout is swapping, with the two clients on their own monitor. The main character is fullscreen with 1680x1050 and the second monitor takes up roughly a quarter of the monitor with an ISBoxer adjusted resolution, which I am not sure of. I am at work so I cannot check.

The Vista machine is showing three clients, no swapping, taking up at least 1/4 of the screen each. That resolution of the monitor is probably at 1680x1050 and the clients resolution were set by ISBoxer. The Toolkit setup is very rudimentary, with just this character set and no actions but what start out default with a WoW setup. I did have problems initially with the second PC starting the three clients, but this was due to a PC naming issue. The simple setup was to troubleshoot this issue.

I tried having a seperate application open on the second pc and set as focus, this was mentioned in a different thread on the Repeater board and thought this would work, it did not.

When I enable mouse repeating on the other client on the main pc the problem persists. I did try to activate mouse repeating on each of the clients on the second PC, and I poorly recall that nothing occured on the other clients.

I did shut down the clients and ISboxer and reloaded all with no change in behavior.

I can provide amplifying information when I get home if needed, until then are there some suggestions I should look at or is this expected behavior over multiple PCs?

Thank you
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: Mouse repeating cursor locations different

With swapping off, the second PC's clients are likely at 840x525 (or whatever the displayed size is) as opposed to 1680x1050.

If "Instant Swapping" is NOT on, then ISBoxer will NOT try to match the resolution, and the game's normal window sizing behavior is expected. WoW is designed to adjust its resolution to match the window size; some other games do not do this.

If "Instant Swapping" is on, then ISBoxer will try to match the resolution for a particular Character to (in this order!)...
1. The size of the "Reset" Region, if there is one. Typically either there is not a Reset Region, or it is the same as the Active Region
2. The size of the "Active" Region, if there is one (because Swapping is on)
3. The size of the "Home" Region, if there is one

So, if you would like to keep the same style of Window Layout, but change the resolution so that ISBoxer has the game render 1680x1050 but shown as 840x525, your steps would be to a) ensure that "Instant Swapping" is enabled (this is a check box in your Window Layout, and does not require you to have Swapping behavior enabled), and b) add a Reset Region with your desired size to your Window Layout.

Here's how to add the Reset Region:
1. In the top left pane under Window Layouts, select your Window Layout
2. In the bottom left pane, select "Regions" to bring up the Window Layout Regions editor
3. In the bottom right pane, in the preview of your Window Layout, right click one of the numbered black boxes (the Regions) and select Duplicate.
4. Adjust the new region to be the desired Rendering size (1680x1050 in this case). You can do this via click-and-drag, or by adjusting the numbers in the properties box to the right of the preview.
5. In the bottom right pane, click the "Swap Groups" tab (above the properties box)
6. Under "Special Regions" you have "Active Region" which again is for when you actually have Swapping behavior, and "Reset Region". Change "Reset Region" to match the new region that we just set up and sized!
7. Export to Inner Space to activate your changes

There is an alternative option that is viable for some people. In your Repeater Profile, there is a cursor positioning mode option, which you can set to "Scaled to fit". I don't generally recommend this option because UIs will generally scale things differently for different resolutions, and can't be expected to line up perfectly for everyone. But it is an option that may work.
<<

sladet99

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:42 am

Thank you Lax

Enabling Swapping on the second PC did improve the difference between the cursor on the monitors, however they still weren't in the same spot. With the main PC cursors sitting on the nose of the left statue on the login screen had the second PC cursors on the 'B' in the word "Battle.net."

So I did your last suggestion and set the cursor positioning mode to Scaled to fit, which did work. I will see how this does. Out of curiosity, is the mouse cursor location dictated by resolution? The main is 1920x1200 and the second PC is 1680x1050 (I cant make it go higher.) Perhaps a new monitor is called for.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:19 am

Out of curiosity, is the mouse cursor location dictated by resolution?

Yes, that is right, and why they appear at different locations on different resolutions

Return to Multiple Computers