FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem w/ setting up character set for my secondary PC

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ramrad

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Problem w/ setting up character set for my secondary PC

So I just purchased ISBoxer and I am trying to set it up to work with two machines (and two WoW accounts).
I'm following the step-by-step guide posted here: http://isboxer.com/index.php/guides/22-using-multiple-computers

Everything is good till steps 8:
"8. Create a Character Set for each additional PC as follows:
a. In the top pane, select a Computer to create a Character Set for
b. In the bottom left pane, right click on Character Sets and select Quick Setup Wizard. This will set up a new Character Set specifically for the selected Computer"

When I do this on my main PC, I see my secondary computer's name but when I go through the wizard, the characters listed are all my main PCs characters. I don't see the WoW account or characters from my secondary PC. What am I missing?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:08 am

Re: Problem w/ setting up character set for my secondary PC

When I do this on my main PC, I see my secondary computer's name but when I go through the wizard, the characters listed are all my main PCs characters. I don't see the WoW account or characters from my secondary PC. What am I missing?

It sounds like you're missing that you can type in your character names and account information. :)

The Quick Setup Wizard will detect the save files from the current computer in order to list your characters, it does not detect them from a remote PC. It's also not required for your character to be listed in order for it to work; that is just for convenience so you don't have to type out the character name, etc.

Return to Multiple Computers