FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Connecting 2 computers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lostsk8r

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:11 pm

Connecting 2 computers

I can't seem to get this two computer setup to work. I have 6 accounts, I wanted 3 on each computer. I'm using my desktop (WES) to boot character set on WES and on WESTOP (laptop/2nd computer). In the console it won't connect 10101, I have firewalls off on both computers, I even tried some port forwarding on my router. I've got the computer names correct, even used remote computer option to setup my 2nd computer.

Anyway here's my paste

http://www.privatepaste.com/b1e6ac5ddd

I can get 10102 to work but then it says "remote connection terminated to ip xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" so I'm guessing you cant have the remote connection from isboxer and IS on the same port?

So I've tried 10103, wouldnt work, 10101 wouldnt work. It states on computer 1 that it failed to connect to computer 2. When I use 10102 it says successful connection to computer 2, then immediately "remote connection terminated." In either case I can't get the 2nd computer to launch its character set.

Oh yah, computer helper works too incase that wasn't obvious. I also tried putting the IP of my 2nd computer, for the host name but nothing. Even though my firewalls are both off, I've made exceptions under windows firewall to allow incoming/outoging 10101

also when i separately open up eqgames.exe (skip patcher) on my laptop (2nd ocmp), one of them can login by manualling entering the info, the other two clients that are open say failed to connect, any ideas?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Re: Connecting 2 computers

10102 is used by ISBoxer with Multiple Computer Helper, that's why it works and disconnects (it's not compatible). Just leave it at 10101, there's no reason to change that...

The "Enable incoming connections" box needs to be checked on the laptop (only), and exceptions in the firewall for TCP port 10101 might be needed on the laptop (only).

The issue might just be that you need to restart Inner Space after changing the networking settings in the Inner Space Configuration screen. If you didn't restart it, then it's not enabled
<<

lostsk8r

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:23 pm

Re: Connecting 2 computers

lax wrote:10102 is used by ISBoxer with Multiple Computer Helper, that's why it works and disconnects (it's not compatible). Just leave it at 10101, there's no reason to change that...

The "Enable incoming connections" box needs to be checked on the laptop (only), and exceptions in the firewall for TCP port 10101 might be needed on the laptop (only).

The issue might just be that you need to restart Inner Space after changing the networking settings in the Inner Space Configuration screen. If you didn't restart it, then it's not enabled

Okay I've left it at 10101. I restarted both innerspaces and they still won't communicate. I have the incoming connections checked, I put incoming exception via windows firewall, but also turned the firewall off (on both computers). I don't have any other firewall software or virus stuff.

Did you check my paste? I've been picking my brain last few hours and googles posts, but can't seem to figure it out. Hopefully theres some simple thing I'm missing as to why it won't remote boot my 2nd computer's character sets.

Is there any AIM or something I could reach you on to figure it out? If you're free?

EDIT: Ok I decided to just restart my laptop, again, and now they're both connecting and working. I'm not sure what happened but eh, maybe it's that I restarted my IS on my main computer too.

Thanks!

Return to Multiple Computers