FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multi-PC Windows not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bravitzlana

Post Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:50 pm

Multi-PC Windows not working

Good evening!

To the best of my ability I read and followed: https://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Use_ISBo ... ch%20other.

Everything I am doing is on a clean install of ISBoxer/InnerSpace. All of my clients will launch the game but none of my clients will put their output into the window layout I selected during the wizard. I completed the Windows-Layout Wizard on all of the clients and the main computer.

When I ran the wizard the first time on the main PC it saved the template as the name I selected for the group and it has 10 windows in it (1 on the bottom and 9 up top /w swapping). My template is in the drop-down on the clients but it doesn't display the windows layout the same. Instead of it showing 2 monitors and 10 clients /w swapping it just shows 1 window like no layout had been selected. When I launch all the clients act like there is no layout.

My guess is I am missed or messed something but I'm not sure which or what.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

-Brav
<<

Wizeowel

Post Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:26 am

Re: Multi-PC Windows not working

bravitzlana wrote:When I ran the wizard the first time on the main PC it saved the template as the name I selected for the group and it has 10 windows in it (1 on the bottom and 9 up top /w swapping). My template is in the drop-down on the clients but it doesn't display the windows layout the same. Instead of it showing 2 monitors and 10 clients /w swapping it just shows 1 window like no layout had been selected. When I launch all the clients act like there is no layout.

Just to rule it out, but many layout issues are from DPI scaling. E.g. on 4K screens Windows tries to make everything 150% size and this breaks the monitor size information that ISBoxer receives.
See https://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#My_game_wi ... in_ISBoxer

Maybe you can focus on setting up the layout for only 1 PC at first, and makes sure it's working before adding the layout for the 2nd PC?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:53 pm

Re: Multi-PC Windows not working

Window Layouts, which is what we think you are talking about, are very computer specific. You really need a layout designed for each computer.

Return to Multiple Computers