FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multi-PC issue with multiple windows on each monitor

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prepared

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:49 pm

Multi-PC issue with multiple windows on each monitor

The mouse doesn't click with World of Warcraft Classic on one game window on each computer other than the primary computer which launched the other character sets. The mouse cursor does show up just doesn't activate the button press on one game window of the other computers. With Everquest this is not an issue as all screens click where the mouse cursor is as it should.

This is consistent and happens every day of every launch of the game and has been happening I believe since WoW Classic launch. I've just been putting up with it by turning off mouse click and clicking on the window of each computer that doesn't click when mouse repeat is turned on.

I've not confirmed with any other games such as WoW release because I don't play there.
<<

Prepared

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:32 pm

Re: Multi-PC issue with multiple windows on each monitor

Update Jun 6 2020 - Looks like this is fixed with the latest development version.

Thanks Lax!
<<

Prepared

Post Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:46 am

I spoke too soon. It's not working. For some reason it worked once but then didn't work any more after that.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:29 pm

there is an option on the Repeater Profile settings for Multi-PC. Is that ticked ?
<<

Prepared

Post Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:15 pm

bob wrote:there is an option on the Repeater Profile settings for Multi-PC. Is that ticked ?

Yes that's been that way for a long time. Never changed it.
<<

Prepared

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:54 pm

Just to add, this issue doesn't happen with WoW Retail. I just tested the DirectX 12 option with WoW Retail on clicks and mouse operation works fine there.

The issue with one of the clients on each computer other than the main one is only with WoW Classic. And it's only when the click is made that it doesn't actually click on one of them. It stays to the same client throughout the game operation after the games are launched.
<<

bob

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:20 pm

On the the character set, there is an option for "Make Game believe it is foreground" this needs to be ticked too. (previously this was not required for WoW, it is now).
<<

Prepared

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:17 pm

bob wrote:On the the character set, there is an option for "Make Game believe it is foreground" this needs to be ticked too. (previously this was not required for WoW, it is now).

Yes that's checked on all character sets for all of the computers.
<<

Prepared

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:20 pm

Please reply with acknowledgement that this is an issue that will be fixed please. This is affecting all forms of game play with WoW Classic when using more than one computer involving the mouse. Is this known? Is this going to be worked on? Is there any other information needed to fix this? This is becoming a real pain when I have to do things that require the mouse on all clients.

Note: This doesn't happen with the release of WoW with DirectX 12. I logged in to try it.
<<

bob

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:29 am

It's not currently an issue on the to be fixed list. We don't know what is causing your issue. We only know you are the only person to be having it at this time. OOC, if you had another window as the foreground on your other PC's, e.g. notepad or something, does it then all work as expected?

We are currently working on some issues with Windows 10 2004. If you were lucky enough to get this release early, this might be the cause, but it is unknown.

There were some mouse scroll wheel issues fixed recently, but these do not sound the same as what you are describing.
Next

Return to Multiple Computers