FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISB/Innerspace seems to have problems with multiple LANs

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Manni

Post Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:09 pm

ISB/Innerspace seems to have problems with multiple LANs

I stick to the v6336 for a long time because years ago I had only trouble with the newer version. The older have their issues too but at least I could run my 3 PC system for around 2 days until one stops working. Meanwhile two systems have an additional highspeed LAN direct connect. While unter Win10/Win7 I have now very high access between the two systems, ISB/Innercircle has now the more problems. I updated to the latest version but this makes no change. So I made my try and error. Result:

Deactivation of 2 of the 3 LAN ports: ISB recognizes the other PCs without problem
Activation at least 1 LAN with direct connect (high speed): ISB fails regularly and does not recognize each other
Activation of the standard LAN port (with no connection cable, empty slot): ISB fails from time to time, have to reboot and retry until ISB recoqnizes more PCs

Direct test via portscanners/3rd party tools show that Innerspace responds. But the ISBs of the 3 PCs do not interact in these cases.
It is really sad to deactivate all LAN ports only to get ISB communicating with the other systems.

Perhaps that will resolve also the problem that having ISB running 24/7 for around 2-3 days kicks Innerspace/ISB into "no connect mode".

Btw: extra boot system (SSD only connected for EQ), without ANY additional software, Win10 Enterprise 1896. Since around 6 months new hardware on Intel-9900KF-Basis (the same trouble). Because of the trouble years ago I simply exchange the boot SSDs to avoid any HD/SSD/M2 or other software to interfere because ISB/Innerspace/MQ2/EQBC seems highly sensitive to disturbances...

Any ideas how to solve that without disconnecting all other LAN-Ports?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:23 pm

Re: ISB/Innerspace seems to have problems with multiple LANs

If you configure ISBoxer and InnerSpace to use IP addresses, and not netbios names, there should be little in the way of issues other than those caused by firewalls and routing within your lan.

Multiple lan ports make no difference otherwise. I tend to have 4 lan connections and 1 or 2 VPN connections going at any one time without issues. I do have full control over all the of the routing rules and VLANs within my setup, so the traffic goes exactly where I need it to. A properly configured DNS server also helps immensely, but is not strictly necessary.

One issue that does crop up will be if you are attempting to route broadcast UDP traffic (the ISBoxer multi computer helper) across different subnets. Most routers/firewalls will block this.
<<

Manni

Post Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:45 pm

No subnets, firewalls are completely deactivated, Router has no config changes, DNS is set to the router - as usual.
Changed to manual IP adresses.
Error:
relay: target resolution failed, cannot relay to a number 192.168.0.5
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:51 pm

Just to confirm, when you say Changed to IP Address, you put it here, correct ?

Because the Relay message is InnerSpace, and would have nothing to do with the toolkit communicating with the multi computer helper.

Return to Multiple Computers