FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Resolution issue (wizard config)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ratkil

Post Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:43 pm

Resolution issue (wizard config)

HI,

I used the Video FX wizard to create window layout with two monitors, main monitor showing full game and then three (3 characters total) showing on the second monitor. The three layout is working but the resolutoin is off so they are running off side and bottom of monitor. Can't figure out where I have gone wrong as the view resolution match the non Video FX config in which they show correctly.

Any help appreciated but will keep searching for answer in meantime.

Thanks
<<

Wizeowel

Post Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:22 am

Re: Resolution issue (wizard config)

If you have your UI scaling in Windows above 100% then the video wizard doesn't calculate monitor size correctly. For example, if you have a 4k monitor but scaling is 150% then the wizard puts 2560x1440 as your monitor setup.

So in the "Use monitors" field you can edit your monitors by clicking on the (Collection) ... and manually filling in your monitor sizes. That seems to work for me anyway.

Another thing, if do have >100% and you use Video FX for swapping then you also need to set DxNothing.exe to scale by system (in properties of the exe, Compatibility tab).
<<

ratkil

Post Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:00 am

Re: Resolution issue (wizard config)

Thanks for reply. :-) I had literally just stumbled across that and came on to post update. On to next self inflicted issue :-)

Return to Video FX