FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MouseArrow don't align horizontally

Moderator: MiRai

<<

eagle275

Post Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:42 am

MouseArrow don't align horizontally

Hello,

I've done a quick search but it appears no other post shows my problem - so I found no matching answers .. but if I failed to find the right answers please point me to the right thread

What I did:

Create videofx for 3 Clientwindows, with different screenparts. Then I arranged the "screenparts" on the dxnothing screen.
Finally I chose the largest free space to show me a big part of the clientwindow, but scaled.
But it seems I chose a different aspectratio for the selected part of the clientwindow - versus the area in the dxnothing screen

Now I have the little problem that the mousearrow on this region does not align - only horizontally .. when I start at the left border of the region, the arrows align and on the right border they are about 1/6th of the width apart ... the real mouse arrow is at the border but the mousearrow in the client-window is left of it

I'll try adding screenshots to display the problem ...
-->

it only happens in the scaled part of the dxnothing screen, the other areas are 1:1 and here the mouse aligns perfectly well ...
Any hints or suggestions to solve that matter ASIDE doing the scaled part again ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:09 pm

Re: MouseArrow don't align horizontally

For the mouse cursor to align correctly, the aspect ratio of the viewer has to match the aspect ratio of the source.

If I had to guess I'd say the viewer is too wide, and instead of scaling it wider (as ISBoxer is doing with the cursor position), Windows acts as if the source is as wide as the viewer. Drag to shrink the width until the point where you see the height start to adjust, and that is where the aspect matches and the cursor should correctly align. Or adjusting the Source width to be wider will work as well.

Return to Video FX