FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

VideoFX Window Mouse Focus

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Eldrinarr

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:42 pm

VideoFX Window Mouse Focus

Been over the videos and forum looking for this tidbit, but I must be missing something. Some posts come so close to answering this question.

I have two monitors. Monitor 1 has four stacked regions each a character. Monitor 2 has one dxNothing region. I have four VideoFX viewers in the dxNothing region, each one showing on of the stacked character regions. I was hoping I would be able to just swap to a character on monitor 1 by clicking once on the viewers on monitor 2. No hotkey, just click. Seems I have to use the Alt+Mouse1 combination and it still requires me to click twice. It has been mentioned, one to take focus, then one for the actual click by people. That makes sense with my testing.

It was suggested on a post to enable "Focus game windows via mouse without clicking (Focus follows mouse)" on the window layout. I did this, but still have to click once for dxNothing region focus then once to activate hotkey. Believe it should just require one click with the Alt key depressed after my changes. In MiRai's video on setting up VideoFV viewers it looks like he's clicking only once to get it to switch.

Extra question: Can't seem to set mouse buttons as hotkeys for the "Video FX Focus (switch to window) hotkey. Just ignores when I press mouse buttons, but by default it's set to Alt + Mouse1...

Thanks! Slowly but surely working through the features.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:07 am

Re: VideoFX Window Mouse Focus

I don't have an answer why dxNothing isn't focusing for you and allowing you to just click once (while holding down Alt), but I'm definitely able to set the VFX Focus hotkey to a mouse button (I just tried it). If I left-click in the area that says "Press the key combination here" it changes to Mouse1, if I right-click, then it changes to Mouse2, and if I use the middle mouse button, it changes to Mouse3. Alternatively, you can always just pick a mouse button from the long list in the drop-down menu (or just un-check the Alt modifier checkbox without touching anything else).
<<

Eldrinarr

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:23 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (98.26 KiB) Viewed 9760 times
Thanks, MiRai. Thanks for all the vids, too. =)

Fired up ISBoxer tonight to see about this issue and it kicked up the attached error before ISBoxer UI came up. This is new. ISBoxer still seems to function except for the strange issue of not being able to add mouse buttons as part of a hotkey. Maybe related?
<<

Eldrinarr

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:41 pm

;)

Fixed it the issue with not being able to assign mouse buttons. Did a bit more digging with that error message as the target and found that it was a corrupt InputDevices.XML. Mouse working again as hotkey source.

Return to Video FX