FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Toggle VideoFX

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jrkilroy

Post Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:58 am

Toggle VideoFX

Hi,

I have VFX setup for a pro healing system. After many hours of work, the click bars work, the vfx show the party correctly. It is a thing of almost beauty.

In game dialog boxes appear under the vfx/click bars.

What is the optimal way to fix this?

Is there a way to map a key to toggle the vfx/click bar(s) off and on?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Toggle VideoFX

There is no automatic method to toggle them, but you can create yourself a mapped key to do so using Video FX Actions

Make it two steps, and in each step you can either:
  • Create all the viewers in step 1 and destroy them in step 2 (or vice versa if you want them to be visible when you start up).
  • Hide all the viewers in step 1 and Show them in step 2 (or vice versa if you hide them as part of your creation process).

In my setup I take the second option, which took a little bit of configuration (if you created the viewers via the GUI method, then you will want the second option too).

My basic setup is 4 VideoFX mapped keys. Create/Destroy/Show/Hide. In each of these all the viewers do the stated action. I then call these from other mapped keys at the appropriate time. The toggle mapped key calls a Do Mapped Key Action for Show VideoFX in Step 1, and Do Mapped Key Action for Hide VideoFX in Step 2.

The VideoFX setup is created in my Activate Character Set mapped key (which is set to be called on Character Set Load/Reload - this is an option on the character set). This does 3 things (for the VideoFX setup anyway, it does other stuff too).
  1. Call the Destroy mapped key (just because if I am changing config on the fly)
  2. Call the Create mapped key
  3. Call the Hide mapped key.

p.s. It's actually more complicated than that in my setup, yours may not be. For me, the Show/Hide only affects the VideoFX viewers that appear over game windows. The VideoFX viewers that are on my DXNothing regions are unaffected. This requires separation between the VideoFX viewers based on destination, which I achieve by having yet a couple more mapped keys which specifically create/destroy for the DXNothing region (I don't ever need to show/hide these) which are also called as part of the Activation. There is also the per character/class VideoFX items which is handled via virtualisation, but that is probably beyond what you're after right now.
<<

jrkilroy

Post Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:07 am

Re: Toggle VideoFX

Thank you! Just what I was looking for.

Return to Video FX