FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

VFX not working Windows 8.1

Moderator: MiRai

<<

qpmomma

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:01 am

VFX not working Windows 8.1

When I set up the viewer I get a notice that says I need to enable Aero. Wasn't Aero removed with Windows 8? Does this mean I cannot use VFX?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:14 am

Re: VFX not working Windows 8.1

Aero was not removed, it was integrated, and is no longer an optional component.

However, you may have disabled the Aero capabilities by opting to use a "classic" theme, Aero Lite theme, or by turning off Aero Peek, or even choosing the system properties to run for "best performance".

Also, is the notice a green box?, which also says you can press CTRL in order for it to display contents? The viewers wont display anything while the ISBoxer in-game GUI (Control Panel) is open, unless you hold the CTRL key down. You can close the ISBoxer in-game GUI with the hotkey, default is CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G.
<<

qpmomma

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:26 am

Yes, it is. When I hide the GUI nothing happens. It's 100% blank.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:40 am

Which might be for several reasons.

1. Your source is not broadcasting. Viewers need the same name as the source, so when you select the Source in the VideoFX Name drop down, and it populates the box underneath with the same name, then leave it alone. Don't change it.
2. Your source is being blocked, because you have ticked the option "Video FX Viewers stay when in background (blocks Video FX Sources!)" box on the character that is in the source slot.
3. Aero features are not available (this is highly unlikely on Windows 8/8.1 unless you've deliberately disabled them).

As a test you can try these steps.
VideoFX Test
  1. An easy test is to launch you Character Set, go to slot 1, bring up the in game ISBoxer GUI (CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+G), go to the Video FX tab, select Video FX Viewer in the top drop down, choose the VideoFX Name as "is2" (second slot), don't change anything else.
  2. Click Add. This should pop a green box on the screen (note it may be a big green box, don't worry about it).
  3. Click on the green box, then hold down CTRL. If you then see the green box change to a view of slot2, it is working.
  4. If that works you're done. Let go of CTRL, close on the close icon for the is2 window (it is on the right hand side, you may need to drag the window around or make it a bit smaller by resizing with the window frame)
  5. If it didn't work, then you will probably need to chase down what is preventing Aero from working on your computer.

Return to Video FX