FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW]main window doesn't respond anymore after switching.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dust

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:45 am

[WoW]main window doesn't respond anymore after switching.

Hi,

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm having a bit of a hard time explaining this. Basically, whenever I switch back from the viewer space in my main window to the main window itself, some of the mapped keys and clicking (for example to loot items) don't work anymore until I switch back and forth between the source character window and the main window. It's quite annoying. I've been trying to fix this but in vain.

Edit: seems the person in this post: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2583
had the same issue as me.

Edit2: a temporary fix for this that I found is to automatically alt tab out whenever I use the viewer by having the 'Next window' mapped key on enter/exit and then return to my main window with the mapped key that I use for that.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:56 am

Re: [WoW]main window doesn't respond anymore after switching.

The explanation is fine, but you're going to need to provide more info.

Such as, are you configuring your videofx via the ISBoxer in game gui or mapped keys. If the former then a look at your C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts\ISBoxer.VideoFeeds.CHARSET.CHARNAME.xml file(s) would be useful (probably both the source and the viewer). The pre temp workaround would have been best.
This is because I've found in the past that some people have inadvertently set whole Key Maps to turn on and off in these. Have you tried clearing the Mapped Key on Enter/Exit values and seeing if the problem has now gone away.

Can we see your profile too? viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13 There may be some clues in here.

Also is there anything common about which mapped keys stop working. e.g. are they all in the same key map? Can you name a few of them. Is there other functions that are not mapped that aren't working like described in the other thread?

What is your viewer used for?

Can we have a diagnostic? http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics Seeing as your games load up, grab the diagnostic on a game loaded under InnerSpace/ISBoxer (the problem one with the viewer would be good), instead of standalone as those instructions say.
<<

dust

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:12 am

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Here is my profile: http://www.privatepaste.com/dec9cc264e

My viewer is for healing with Grid and Clique. I have a tank, a healer, and a 3 dps. My main screen is my tank, and I heal with my healer char with the viewer and those 2 addons.

I have noticed that what does not seem to work is the keys pre-configured by the ISBOXER Quick Setup Wizard (1-9) and by the game itself (clicking to loot items, pressing b to open bags, pressing m to show the map, etc). The mapped keys that I have configured myself, such as maj+1, maj+2, maj+3, maj+q, maj+w, etc, never stop working and pressing one of them makes everything else work again, along with alt tabbing out and back to the main window, like I have already mentioned.

Also, I have tried removing the enter/exit key, and it still does not work.
<<

bob

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:30 am

dust wrote:The mapped keys that I have configured myself, such as maj+1, maj+2, maj+3, maj+q, maj+w, etc, never stop working and pressing one of them makes everything else work again
This..

From that description it sounds like one of the modifiers (probably SHIFT/MAJ) is still held down when you slide into the VideoFX viewer, so the main screen never knows it has been released. When you move back to the active window, the SHIFT/MAJ key is still "down", so anything you press is really being seen as SHIFT/MAJ + ANYKEY. Then when you do press the SHIFT/MAJ+1, 2, or whatever, the main window finally gets notified of the release when you let it go again.

This is a known limitation with this kind of setup, in that if you are holding down a key when the mouse causes a focus shift, the former active window does not receive notification of the key release, until you go back to that window and cycle the key again. Any key you press while in this state will be the former held key(s) + any new key.

You can test this out by making an in game binding on SHIFT/MAJ + B (or similar), that is not in use by ISBoxer, and then when this problem occurs, press only the B key. See if your new in game bind fires. Of course it may be one of the other modifiers too, like CTRL/ALT, so it may take several attempts to figure out which key you have down and then practice letting go of all keys before mousing over the viewer.
<<

dust

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:39 am

bob wrote:
dust wrote:The mapped keys that I have configured myself, such as maj+1, maj+2, maj+3, maj+q, maj+w, etc, never stop working and pressing one of them makes everything else work again
This..

From that description it sounds like one of the modifiers (probably SHIFT/MAJ) is still held down when you slide into the VideoFX viewer, so the main screen never knows it has been released. When you move back to the active window, the SHIFT/MAJ key is still "down", so anything you press is really being seen as SHIFT/MAJ + ANYKEY. Then when you do press the SHIFT/MAJ+1, 2, or whatever, the main window finally gets notified of the release when you let it go again.

This is a known limitation with this kind of setup, in that if you are holding down a key when the mouse causes a focus shift, the former active window does not receive notification of the key release, until you go back to that window and cycle the key again. Any key you press while in this state will be the former held key(s) + any new key.

You can test this out by making an in game binding on SHIFT/MAJ + B (or similar), that is not in use by ISBoxer, and then when this problem occurs, press only the B key. See if your new in game bind fires. Of course it may be one of the other modifiers too, like CTRL/ALT, so it may take several attempts to figure out which key you have down and then practice letting go of all keys before mousing over the viewer.

You seem to be right. Not only what you described is indeed what happens, but another thing that tells me that you're right, is that sometimes when I use, say, shift+2 while my cursor is in the viewer box, when I return to the main window and press 3, it's the shift+3 ability that will be activated, instead of the 3 one.

Do you have any tips to make one's setup work around this?
<<

dust

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:48 am

I'm very new to using ISBoxer and multiboxing in general. Maybe I should simply explore different setups?
<<

bob

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:19 am

if you are only using your mouse for Grid/Clique, you could probably alleviate the issue by setting the VideoFX viewer to only pass the mouse, and not the +keyboard. It may not be stopped completely, but should suffice to make playability much better.

Another method on the same condition above, would be to setup a mouse repeater mapped key that took from your main screen, and repeated to your healer, so even though the mouse is over the viewer, the actual sending of clicks/mousewheel, etc is all repeated to the healer, rather than via the VideoFX viewer. This mapped key would be set in the Mapped Key on Enter/Exit so it turns on when you move over the VideoFX, and off when you mouse off. It's a bit more finicky and I'm not sure you'll gain anything over the setting mentioned above.

You could use ClickBars instead. This is covered in http://www.isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6593 (one of these days I'll rewrite this for Menus). This might still end up with the same issue, although the difference with this setup is that the ClickBar is on the current window, so it might not (I haven't tested to find out).

You could just use some mapped keys, but then you have to remember what they are.

You could make sure you let go of existing keys before mouse over.

There are probably other options too. Someone else may have some ideas :)
<<

dust

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:24 am

bob wrote:if you are only using your mouse for Grid/Clique, you could probably alleviate the issue by setting the VideoFX viewer to only pass the mouse, and not the +keyboard. It may not be stopped completely, but should suffice to make playability much better.

Another method on the same condition above, would be to setup a mouse repeater mapped key that took from your main screen, and repeated to your healer, so even though the mouse is over the viewer, the actual sending of clicks/mousewheel, etc is all repeated to the healer, rather than via the VideoFX viewer. This mapped key would be set in the Mapped Key on Enter/Exit so it turns on when you move over the VideoFX, and off when you mouse off. It's a bit more finicky and I'm not sure you'll gain anything over the setting mentioned above.

You could use ClickBars instead. This is covered in http://www.isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6593 (one of these days I'll rewrite this for Menus). This might still end up with the same issue, although the difference with this setup is that the ClickBar is on the current window, so it might not (I haven't tested to find out).

You could just use some mapped keys, but then you have to remember what they are.

You could make sure you let go of existing keys before mouse over.

There are probably other options too. Someone else may have some ideas :)

The problem is that I move with the mouse, and use keys for healing and everything else, so the first option would mean changing the way I play entirely. I will try to practice letting go of existing keys first.

Return to Video FX