FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video FX and Aero?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mtp1032

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:17 pm

Video FX and Aero?

I can no longer get the Video FX Viewer to display the content of Video FX Source. Here's the background.

I dual-box a healer and a tank. I have been using Video FX to display the healer's Vuhdo bars in the Tank's window. This was (and has been) working great for months now. But yesterday, it stopped working. Specifically, while the Vuhdo bars were no longer displayed in the Tank's window, I could still click where the bars "used to be", and it worked just fine -- even tho' the bars were not displayed!

I've tried all sorts of variations in setup, but to no avail. Is Aero required in some way? I ask this because Aero is advertised as necessary if one wants to visualize the Video FX source by holding down the cntrl key.

Anyway, can someone provide some guidance?

Cheers,
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Video FX and Aero?

I've tried all sorts of variations in setup, but to no avail. Is Aero required in some way? I ask this because Aero is advertised as necessary if one wants to visualize the Video FX source by holding down the cntrl key.

Not surprisingly, this question is answered on the Video FX documentation page. 2nd bullet point, bolded as follows:
  • This feature requires Inner Space build 5357 or later, running on Windows Vista or later with Aero enabled. (Windows 8 users: This feature cannot be disabled in Windows 8, you do not need to enable anything special to use Video FX.)

So, get Aero re-enabled and you should be fine ;) Google search: how to enable aero windows 7

Return to Video FX