FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video Feeds for Multiple Computers and Broadcast G13

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hephaestus

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:32 am

Video Feeds for Multiple Computers and Broadcast G13

Currently I use a 3 computer setup with 3 screens to 5box Rift, I use a program called Kavoom to link all the screens and have my keyboard send commands to the active screen that I select through standard ISboxer window layouts. This is all great as long as you don't map anything to a "special" key like either my G13, G510 keyboard or Naga mouse... With my current setup, any generic keys on my G-type keyboards being used as hotkeys won't work on my any computer but my main, so if I jump over to another screen and start spamming there, I have to have the G keys map to an actual standard key, or nothing will be broadcast (Kavoom sends the keys correctly if I map the G keys to 1, 2, 3, etc... just not blank G keys like I would prefer to use).

Could I use video feeds to essentially get around that problem by being able to switch to a video feed from another computer and have that feed essentially be the "current window" on my main computer (hence enabling the use of G "type" keys without any actual key presses assigned to them through the Logitech software?). I am considering setting up multiple video feeds anyway, so was wondering if this would be potential functionality that I could gain in addition to general action bar broadcasting and whatnot.

Alternatively, does anyone have a suggestion that would allow me to broadcast G or Naga keys across multiple computers?

Thank you
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Video Feeds for Multiple Computers and Broadcast G13

I'm pretty sure video feeds *currently* cannot be used across multiple computers. So that won't solve your problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY_IatEInWo @ 0:20
<<

hephaestus

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:46 pm

Thanks Alge, I had a bad feeling that was what had stopped me the first time, but some of the feeds abilities are really getting attractive. I am not sure what kind of a machine I would have to use to 4 or 5 box Rift, but I think it would be one that is better than the best of my current lot (I guess I could try, but I have a feeling it would be really ugly). I guess I will have to wait until Joe Multi-Boxer makes its debut (seems to have been put on hold, though I do see a lot of what looks like development in ISBoxer that points towards features that were referenced in the blog).
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:10 pm

hephaestus,

for reference, this is what I 5-box RIFT on:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, 3381 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Adapter Description ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Resolution 1920 x 1200 x 60 hertz

Either these are close to minimum specs (I get significant slowdown on invasion bosses with lots of people) or I suck at setting my machine up :)
<<

hephaestus

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Thanks Alge,

I am probably right below what I need, I have a similar setup with ATI 5770, i7 2.67 with 6GB ram.
<<

hephaestus

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:02 pm

One quick correction -- the G13 keys do now work across all of my computers, not sure if the key sets change fixed that or I had broken something, but they are all working.

Return to Video FX