FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video Feed problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Beef79

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:23 am

Video Feed problem

I have a problem with video feed quality. It's so poor. Small window quality is so crumbly. How I get that fixed. I used win 7 program.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Video Feed problem

The Video Feed doucmentation provides related info: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Video_Feed
If the video feed source region is in a scaled down window, the video feed output will also be affected. This feature is therefore most useful with larger "slave" windows, which do not need to be visible and may be hidden behind other windows. The 'Stacked full screen' style from the wizard is ideal. Note that minimizing a window will usually stop it from rendering entirely.

Stacked full screen is great
<<

Beef79

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:15 am

Ok!

Yep...If I use full screen mode ..it's seems nice but I want to do same what we can see Video Feed Walkthrough video. I need mini map feed...not full screen mode. How I do that....I don't find way to do that.
If I do normal video feed source from mini map....it's so bad quality.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:35 am

Beef79 wrote:Yep...If I use full screen mode ..it's seems nice but I want to do same what we can see Video Feed Walkthrough video. I need mini map feed...not full screen mode. How I do that....I don't find way to do that.
If I do normal video feed source from mini map....it's so bad quality.

I understand your confusion.

You're missing the forest for the trees here... I'm not telling you to add an output to see the full window. If I was, I would have quoted the part that says how to do that. Which by the way, here's that part:
All windows automatically have a source configured for the full window, using the Inner Space session name (is1, is2, is3, and so on matching your Character Set Slot numbers), so if you want a feed of an entire window you do not need to create a source

... but that's not what I quoted, I quoted the part that explains why you are seeing "bad quality" :)

So here's how to do it...
Step 1. Use the Stacked full screen window layout
Step 2. Do what the video shows

That's really it. You get "bad quality" when you scale a small source feed (e.g. the minimap in a SMALL WINDOW) up to a larger output feed (e.g. the size of your minimap in a LARGE WINDOW). It's the same pixels visible in the actual, small window, scaled up to your large window. In order to scale up, each pixel in the small window is turned into multiple pixels in the large window... so it looks pixellated. Bad quality.

What you need to understand is that when a Window Layout resizes your window, its video sources are also shrinking -- meaning that any video feeds sourced from these shrunken windows are going to be low quality. The "Stacked full screen" window layout does not resize any windows, so the video sources remain the original size -- meaning that any video feeds sourced from these full sized windows are going to be high quality.

I'm trying to think of other ways to say the same thing, let me know if that helped.
<<

Beef79

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Now I get what you mean. It's works...but I use usually one big and 5-10 small window...then that not work as you say. I have to think that situations.
But anyway...Thankyou very much:))
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:55 pm

My understanding is...

Move from a window layout that has a large region.
Plus smaller scaled down regions along a side/bottom of the screen.

Move to a layout where each window is full screen and layered.
Your "main" window will be on top of the others, the slaves are "hidden" behind it.
Then set up video feeds that capture the portion of the slave window you want to display (as the source) and display it on the main window.

So rather than a mini-map sized scaled down version of the full window...
You can have say a full size not scaled down mini-map of the slave window or whatever other view you want.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to Video FX