FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Strange Video Feed Re-Sizing Behaviour

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:05 am

Strange Video Feed Re-Sizing Behaviour

I'm trying to add some more feeds to my EQ layout, specifically to create a set of feeds which show the target for each of my slaves. I want these to appear to the right of my group window, lined up with the position of that group member.

I'm creating these feeds via a Mapped Key (CreateTargetFeeds). See the linked ISBoxer profile: http://privatepaste.com/e2dc7d516b. None of the other feeds I have created via mapped keys display this issue.

At server select the feeds seem to be created correctly. They are the 5 red-bordered feeds visible towards the middle of the screenshot below.

However, when I move to character select, the feeds (both sources and outputs) seem to have grown in the y-direction. The 2 screenshots below show the character select screens from slots 1 and 2 respectively. Slot 1 has all the outputs and slot 2 has one of the sources. Also, because all the outputs have grown they now obscure bits of the others.

The same aberrant behaviour continues in-game, as can be seen in the final two shots below. However, the really freaky thing is that if I log back out to server select they all go back to the size I set them up to be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alge
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:22 am

Re: Strange Video Feed Re-Sizing Behaviour

OK, I have found a partial fix to this problem and maybe some additional info to help in diagnosing the source of the problem.

The feeds I was trying to create were 155x30. I discovered that adding a feed source of this size using the ISBoxer Control Panel also created a feed source that has a much larger height than 30 (as close as I can tell it is creating a 150x282 feed). By increasing the height of the feed to 34 I was able to get the correct behaviour and my target feeds are now working in EQ (but they are a little bigger than I need them - no big deal).

Also, I can create a 30x150 feed (same dimensions but rotated through pi/2) through the ISBoxer Control Panel and it shows sized correctly. I'm beginning to suspect a calculation error in the video feed code for the height. Is that possible? The other possibility is something to do with how EQ renders differently in-game to at server select.
<<

Salamo

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:25 pm

I had the same problem in EQ1 as I tried to create feeds/repeater zones for spell gems, 30px height.
According to your testing result I changed to 34px and it worked. Thanks very much.
Any idea if this is in the fixing line?

Salamo
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:41 pm

I tried to duplicate this before but failed.

I'll see what I can find out

Return to Video FX