FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How Do I toggle VFX on/off with a keypress?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Swedishoyster

Posts: 8

Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:41 pm

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:39 am

How Do I toggle VFX on/off with a keypress?

I've been trying to follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ADHcJky2k (pretty hard) and got some issues, probably because the video is quite hard to follow or me just being slow.
Anyway, some questions:
1. In the video Mirai use Repeater Regions, I've made a VFX windows following another healing guide and it works too, I don't understand the difference. I use Vuhdo in a MMMMPr group and it works just fine, is it better to use repeater regions? pros/cons?
2. The window is in the way, how do I toggle it on/off, in the video Mirai used ALT+1 to toggle it on/off, that doesnt work for me.
3. In the video there was a nifty root round robin for druids, is that the prefered way to round robin polymorph, or is there another way.

I play Wow Classic.
<<

MiRai

User avatar

Vibrant Videographer

Posts: 3007

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:02 pm

Re: How Do I toggle VFX on/off with a keypress?

While this reply is late, I can throw a few answers out there.
Swedishoyster wrote:1. In the video Mirai use Repeater Regions, I've made a VFX windows following another healing guide and it works too, I don't understand the difference. I use Vuhdo in a MMMMPr group and it works just fine, is it better to use repeater regions? pros/cons?

Use whichever you'd like, but you have to understand that there are games that people multibox where they can't force the party order to be the same in every window, and in that case, Video FX are going to be the superior choice over a Repeater Region.

Swedishoyster wrote:2. The window is in the way, how do I toggle it on/off, in the video Mirai used ALT+1 to toggle it on/off, that doesnt work for me.

The only reasons this wouldn't work would be if you: 1) didn't create a second Step to the Mapped Key to clear the VFX Viewers (I do this in the video), or 2) are using an improper Target for the VFX clear Action.

Swedishoyster wrote:3. In the video there was a nifty root round robin for druids, is that the prefered way to round robin polymorph, or is there another way.

Similar to the first question, this is going to come down to personal preference, but if you don't use round-robin, then either: 1) you're going to find yourself casting multiple CC spells at the same time on the same target, or 2) you'll need separate Mapped Keys along with additional Hotkeys to do the same thing.

Return to Video FX

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron