FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My standard mouse buttons are not available as Hotkeys

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MrBoboToast

Post Sun May 19, 2024 2:01 pm

My standard mouse buttons are not available as Hotkeys

Code:
Split this from the post it was necro'd onto as it was not the same issue and the fix would not help any people reviewing the OP resolve any issue related to the OP

Sorry to bother but I have the Same exact Problem you had. However, when I open up InputDevices.XML it only has this in it.

Code:
The issue being referred to here is that the standard mouse buttons Mouse1 to Mouse5 are not available as Hotkeys in the Hotkey Picker

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!-- Generated by LavishSettings v2 -->
<InnerSpaceSettings>
</InnerSpaceSettings>

and doesn't seem to be corrupted...
I also deleted it and reinstalled ISBoxer with the issue persisting.

How, exactly did you fix it?

also I looked thru the InputDevices.json and couldn't really come up with a solution as well..

Thank you for any input you might be able to shed on this issue.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 19, 2024 4:08 pm

Re: VideoFX Window Mouse Focus

A screenshot of the error please.

If you have deleted the InputDevices.xml file and you are getting the same error after it has been recreated, then I suspect the problem is not quite the same. Especially as you have rightly pointed out, your file appears valid, so should not end up with a parsing error like the previous poster.
<<

MrBoboToast

Post Mon May 20, 2024 4:42 am

My apologizes, I never received an Error and I feel a bit inept as I do not know how to search/produce one if there is a diagnosis tool that would help. However, the issue that is similar here is that I can not bind my mouse key(s) in ISboxer and there for can not recreate the Video FX Focus (switch to window) Hotkey.

I will add this tho.. I am beginning to believe it's more a "My Box" Problem than an ISboxer Problem.. Just have my sneaking suspensions that my pc is not playing nice..

If there is a setting that would keep my mouse from being a Viable and Bindable device please let me know ( windows and or Isboxer - wise )

Also tried 3 different Mice thinking it could have been input error from the first mouse.

And when opening the Edit Input Devices it shows nothing, tho i'm not sure what that is so it may be functioning as intended.

Thank you for your time on this subject and I appreciate all to this point.
<<

MrBoboToast

Post Sun May 26, 2024 5:54 pm

Issue Resolved

Start InnerSpace and then Right Click on the "Target Icon" for innerSpace in your "System Tray".

Click on the Configuration option - which opens the "Inner Space Configuration" window
In the bottom left hand portion of the Configuration window click on and make sure the "Disable New Virtual Input" option is checked as shown.

Apply with the green button in the bottom right of the Configuration window and close all InnerSpace/ISBoxer Toolkit applications.

Re-open InnerSpace and ISBoxer Toolkit and confirm that you now have the ability to bind your Mouse keys. Also, you might find a list of input devices in "File> Edit Input Devices" option Confirming that InnerSpace has in fact captured your input devices.

Sorry, embedded image files from google drive but they didn't take?? I guess... anyway, Hope it helps. Also the fix was worked out on discord.. you can find the conversation in ISBoxer Help channel.

Return to General