FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Clicking and Buttons

Moderator: MiRai

<<

BAIMS

Post Fri May 02, 2014 7:49 am

Clicking and Buttons

Anytime I click on something it only clicks on the one screen I used, In videos I seen that when you click in one box it will click the same place in every box. This is also happening with my buttons. When I press any button it only presses it in that one screen. I'm not sure if I am doing anything incorrect with the setup. If so, Can someone give me a better setup? I have TeamViewer if anyone would want to set it up for me. Thanks. (I'm not sure if this belongs in the Rift forum section, But I believe it does).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 02, 2014 8:32 am

Re: Clicking and Buttons

This is also happening with my buttons. When I press any button it only presses it in that one screen.

Which buttons are you pressing? Only 1 through = broadcasts to the other windows by default. You can use the Mapped Key Wizard to set up additional buttons to pass to whichever windows you want -- in the Wizards menu select Mapped Key Wizard; then pick a Key Map to put it/them in (Combat or Non-combat recommended); then pick a type of mapping to set up, e.g. "Straight Key Broadcast", and then it will let you pick keys to send and where to send them.

Anytime I click on something it only clicks on the one screen I used, In videos I seen that when you click in one box it will click the same place in every box.

What are you clicking on that you want sent to the other windows? Typically you don't need mouse clicks to pass except for interacting with a quest window, etc (press Shift+alt+R to temporarily enable Broadcasting Mode for this); for general use you don't want mouse broadcasting on most of the time. You can have it set up where if you're clicking on Action Bars those pass to the other windows and such.

Have you checked out the RIFT Quick Start Guide? This page includes a full walkthrough video including basic gameplay, which might help you.
<<

BAIMS

Post Fri May 02, 2014 8:36 am

Re: Clicking and Buttons

I'll try it out, Thanks for the response.

Return to RIFT