FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rift Warfronts

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Binafus

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Rift Warfronts

Today from one of the mods Elrar in the Rift forums.

By disabling autofollow we have taken steps to limit the effectiveness of multiboxing in Warfronts & Conquest.

Currently we intend to keep it disabled, but we're still monitoring the impact of this change and the feedback we've received.

Not a simple yes or no I realize - but few things rarely are

Cheers,

Sorta sad thought I had found a home that actually supported boxing that I could pvp in was having a blast playing.

You can still multibox open world or in dungeons if people are considering this game, but by the tone they have now I would not be surprised if that gets limited in the future.

There were comments in the forums about how unfair farming is by boxers and they could still kill people on the PvP shards.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: Rift Warfronts

From what I understand, they've already re-enabled follow in WFs/CQs.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4986 ... post383027
<<

Binafus

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Hey all,

Apologies for any confusion that arose over the weekend - it appears that we need to do some additional work to ensure that auto-follow remains disabled on characters.

It has been re-disabled this morning, but you may have noticed it working starting some point Saturday or Sunday - that was not intentional.

Cheers, Elrar

Apparently it was a mistake when they turned it back on, sorta why I'm done with the game this has been handled really bad by Trion.

They said they were doing a test to see how removing follow would effect people in WF's and CQ and they only wanted replies on how it effected you personally.

Hey folks,

As some of you may have noticed, we've disabled /follow in both Warfronts and Conquest for the time being. This is a toggle that is now in our remote admin tool that we can turn on and off in real time.

I know that there are a lot of opinions on the subject of multi-boxing and it is a heated subject for some people. Please share your opinions on how this has affected your actual gameplay - but keep it clean folks.

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
Creative Director: RIFT

They removed posts for a day and half and banned people who would try to argue or discuss this on that thread, after a day and half there were more people pro Boxing in Warfronts. So it looked very good for Boxing again in Warfronts.

Then Daglar comes back to this same thread at post number 223 and says this.

I'm sorry that I have not popped in here to give more details or engage in the discussion.

This change is not a direct result of "just some people complaining on the forums". This issue has been discussed internally since we changed the business model - we've been afraid that the amount of multi-boxing in certain environments would increase due to the fact that there is no longer a barrier to playing the game.

We've been watching the issue, and it has been on the rise. The number of multi-boxers out there is not astronomically high as some people claim. The number of /in game/ feedback reports on the issue has been steadily on the rise since our conversion.

I really want to embrace as many play styles as possible for RIFT. I really do. I don't want to turn away players.

Unfortunately certain play styles combined with specific activities (such as Warfronts), results in a sub-optimal experience for other users. When a single user has the potential - and be clear it is only ever potential - to cause another user to exit the game that simply isn't good for anyone. It isn't good for the multi-boxer, it isn't good for the person being killed by the multi-boxer, and it isn't good for the business.

I know this decision is polarizing - taking no action was also polarizing. We cannot make everyone happy all the time though we strive to, and we make decisions that we feel are best for the game. I'm deeply sorry that this conflicts with how some of you enjoyed playing the game up until now.

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
Game Director

Again in a heavy modded thread that was suppose to contain no discussion, Elrar pops back in the make it a discussion instead of feed back and turn the topic to fit their agenda in my opinion.

So it seems since the conversation was not going the way they wanted it instead of how it effects you now it became a discussion, also it seems they wanted to make sure people knew the forums had nothing to do with this even though they brought it to the forums to gather data to help with the decision.

There were several posts about ways to make both sides happy, but in the end Trion is not going to support Boxers even though as of today it is still legal to box in their game and Warfronts.

Just a warning before anyone invests money as I did in this game, I asked the forums a month ago if boxing was legal in Warfronts and asked for a response from a GM, I was pointed to a post from Trion that said Boxing was leagal in their game , before spending any money, several hundred dollars later I'm done with them.
<<

hephaestus

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:18 pm

Any thoughts as to why it was removed from Conquest? It is hardly as if that has a real negative affect on other players, beyond the folks that complain you are a bot without understanding (or caring to listen to a polite response). I always leave a zone if someone complains when I am multi-boxing, and I go out of my way to avoid hogging any resources and help everyone that I can, since it gets such a bad rap (unfortunately, the people on these forums that are far and beyond some of the more considerate and dedicated gamers I have met suffer because of a few bad actors).

I guess that I can live with soloing in PvP, thought the grindiness of it will force you to basically pick one of your classes unless you have far more time than I... I just liked to duo or trio in PvP, I find 5 man teams a bit too disruptive and prone to generate far more haters... (I have enough drama at work, don't need it in my games/downtime). Has this pretty much become the norm in every game (I think it is the case in WoW, and I vaguely recall something about it in SWToR)?

Return to RIFT