Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:29 pm

Rift crashing to desktop on Innerspace Launch

When starting Rift without using InBoxer, the game runs normally. When trying to launch Rift via Innerspace, the game crashes to desktop before the character selection screen shows. No errors are displayed.
I removed all innerspace data, and reinstalled. Same results. I'm somewhat confused as to where to look for the problem.

Inner Space 1.11 Build 5390
ISBoxer 38

Not listing the following Driver versions as these were just updated these this week.
Operating System Windows XP Pro Service pack 3 (update current to date this is posted)
Video drivers Current
Audio Drivers Current
Network Drivers Current
Directx 9 current

Went back to trying to run Startrek online via Innerspace, it worked as It should. looking further for problem.

Crashing problem located and fixed, I had not added the character to the rift.cfg Virtual Files. (Never bothered to do so in any game, as I play just one character per computer.

Now I'm just seeing a white screen when Rift should be showing the character screen, I'll take a look at that forum posting.

ok, WIndows xp plus rift plus innerspace is where the white screen is happening, and it's not just my setup. ok, please get this fixed! (I have no intentiion of migrating from Windows XP at this time.)

As stated, Rift itself plays just fine when launched directly, it's when I use Innerspace to launch that I get the crash.