FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Launcher crash and Dynamic Launch doesn't seem to work

Moderator: MiRai

<<

altdzin

Post Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:16 pm

Launcher crash and Dynamic Launch doesn't seem to work

I tried launching DDO form the freshly installed Inner Space, both from the direct game link in the menu, and the character slot in the menu, but the launcher opens and then crashes a few seconds in. I double checked the Inner Space config to make sure the path was correct, and I can launch the game fine from the same file location. I went through the ISBoxer setup and added characters and a character set and window layout.

I then tried Dynamic Launch setup but it does not recognize the game when I launch it manually, and still crashes if I try to launch from Inner Space menus. The console says I have 6 minutes to launch the game, but it never recognizes it.

Any idea what might be wrong? I am still trying to understand all the settings. I am on demo version if that helps.

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:30 pm

Re: Launcher crash and Dynamic Launch doesn't seem to work

Dynamic Launch Mode still requires you to launch the game's launcher through Inner Space. If that is crashing, there's no way around that.

When it crashes, does it provide a Lavish crash report?

Either way, check in your Inner Space folder for a .dmp file named like name_of_launcher.exe.dmp, otherwise check %LocalAppData%\CrashDumps (you can press Windows+R and paste that into the Run box) for name_of_launcher.exe.####.dmp (where #### is the process ID that crashed/disappeared/didn't launch)

If one of these exists from the time/date of the failed launch, you can send that to me and I can see if I can find why it is crashing for you
<<

altdzin

Post Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:00 pm

File sent, thanks.
<<

altdzin

Post Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:26 pm

Previous was tested on work pc, just got done testing with fresh install on home pc and same exact thing happens, and the same crash dump.... using BitDefender at work and McAfee at home(had to disable McAfee just to load this site for some reason)

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Online