Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:40 am

DDO now has an Assist key... Big help...

Heads up that DDO now has an Assist key... Big help to focus fire as before you had to utilize tab targeting which was unreliable and resulted in a lot of divided fire and aggro...

DDO is still a pain in that there is no auto-follow...

The best I have been able to come up with is a 4 man party (6 man at level 18+) as follows:

2 warforged Artificers with pets.
1 warforged Wizard Buffer/Crowd Controller/Charmer;
1 warforged Favored Soul Buffer/Rezzer;
2 hireling panthers (figurine fighters available at level 18)...

Note that I chose an all warforged party as now every character is a healer as both Artificers & wizards can cast the arcane repair & reconstruct spells on warforged & the pets...

At the beginning of the quest I apply all the divine, arcane, & artificer buffs to the Artificers & their pets.
Both pets are tank speced with Intimidate;

In general I control at the same time via toggle broadcast of mouse/keys and via programmed keys just the 2 Warforged Artificers and their pets.

If I have time to setup a fight I run up the wizard and rage/haste/stoneskin/etc my duo Artificers/pets. I also use the wizard to charm/dominate/web & after the fight I use the wizard to reapply buffs & heal via reconstruct...

If things go bad & I wipe I run up the Favored Soul to grab the stones and rez the party...

So far things are going much smoother than before I could assist...

Once I get the party to level 18 I have 2 wondrous figurines waiting for the Artificers to both have out full time panther hirelings for a full 6 person party...

I am curious if anyone has been able to come up with a better party composition or strategy... This is the best I have come up with thus far to hopefully result in at least 4 active characters (2 artificers & 2 hireling panthers) + 2 pets at a time with all the buffs & some spam of tab targeted wizard web/hypno/charm/dominate as needed (and a rezzer as backup)...