FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

First slot launches patch but not game

Moderator: MiRai

<<

question

Post Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:07 pm

First slot launches patch but not game

When I launch a DDO team from ISBoxer, I get the game login screen after the patch screen, but once I login and select server the first slot never launches the game. Also none of the other slots launch the patcher. Some months ago I noticed my 4+ man teams would not launch the fourth or later slots, although I could play fine with the partial team that launched. In both cases new parties that I created in ISBoxer to check if the old parties were bugged had the same problems as the old parties. Is this just me, or is there a known issue with DDO like this?

Since people have been sharing their setups, my best team is 6 wizards. Their skeletons and other summons will target and attack independently, and you can make buttons to find closest target on mouse click down and cast a spell on mouse click up. So while your summons are in front you can fire 6x lightning bolt, 6x fireball, etc. per click. It lets you get the full effect out of 6 characters at once if you're able to plan the fights appropriately. Once you get Death Aura and Negative Energy Burst you can heal yourselves a bit too. I beat a reaper 1 difficulty low level quest this way. It was worth all the setup.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:16 am

Re: First slot launches patch but not game

question wrote:When I launch a DDO team from ISBoxer

Have you tried launching your Character Set through Inner Space instead? It normally avoids the issues encountered when launching through ISBoxer.

question wrote:Is this just me, or is there a known issue with DDO like this?

Well, if my suggestion above doesn't work, then it could be either, and we'd need to see a compatibility diagnostic.

Finally, if you have something to share with other DDO players about the way you play or something else, then I'd suggest putting it into its own separate thread, because it's unlikely that people will be looking for hints/tips/guidance/etc about the game in a standard troubleshooting thread (it doesn't make sense to mix the two topics together).
<<

question

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:44 pm

When I launched with InnerSpace I got the same behavior; the first account I could complete login up to where I should have launched the game, but there was no game window and no other patch windows were launched.

compatibility diagnostic for the launcher is here: https://pastebin.com/JbL24AWm

in case the game is launching but crashes, compatibility diagnostic for the game is here: https://pastebin.com/FZR2zSBZ

I talked to a famous guy on the internet! (MiRai)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:56 pm

The main suggestion is going to be to use the development version of InnerSpace. Launch issues with DDO are generally the same as LOTRO, and it is best to get the current dev build.

To do so, when InnerSpace loads, select the Download Dev patches option, exit InnerSpace, reload it, and when it comes up with a list of files to patch, hit the Patch these files button.

/e, I would also probably disable the Intel Graphics if you can (in the Bios/UEFI).

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Online