FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

25 WOWtlk requirements

Moderator: MiRai

<<

klash45

Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:15 pm

25 WOWtlk requirements

Hi,

After a long period of savings I am able to put some money aside to please me. I am currently playing on a private server WOWTLK (3.3.5). I would like to launch up to 25 windows and I would like to know what should be the minimum features of my pc for 25 windows. Thank you very much for those who will help me.

Here are the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King System Requirements (Minimum)

CPU: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2
CPU SPEED: Info
RAM: 2 GB RAM (1 GB Windows XP)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 orATI Radeon X1600 Pro (256 MB) orIntel HD Series
TOTAL VIDEO RAM: 128 MB
3D: Yes
HARDWARE T&L: Yes
PIXEL SHADER: 3.0
VERTEX SHADER: 3.0
SOUND CARD: Yes

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Recommended Requirements

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz,AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.6GHz or better
RAM: 4 GB
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT,ATI Radeon HD 4830 (512 MB) or better
TOTAL VIDEO RAM: 256 MB
3D: Yes
HARDWARE T&L: Yes
PIXEL SHADER: 4.0
VERTEX SHADER: 4.0
SOUND CARD: Yes
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:26 pm

Re: 25 WOWtlk requirements

It's quite difficult to give specific advice for a private server because it's normally running an old version of the game that people don't "benchmark" today, but, as a general rule, if you want to run a lot of game clients, then buy powerful hardware.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:01 pm

Its difficult to give you a spec regardless because 1, you want to run 25 game clients, and 2, it is really variable depending on what you want to do in game, resolutions, fps, quality among other things.

The "general" rules are pretty much that, and you'll see why.
  • CPU = 1 core per game, although you don't limit the game to using 1 core - also as you go up games, the 1 core per game goes down, we have no chart on this, but I'd plan on a 6+6 core at least (we usually mean Intel here, although these days AMD Ryzen is competitive too - not Athlon or prior AMD chips which were not on the same level).
  • RAM = 2GB RAM per game but being older, you can probably reduce this - I believe you can get away with 512MB per game for this old version, so 16GB min.
  • 6GB + on the graphics card. Regardless of settings, you're running 25 games, and this puts you in the territory of having something with some grunt as well as graphics memory so everything may not end up looking like it was born in 1980 CGA territory.

I'd also not plan on running 200FPS on everything, nor looking at pretty ultra high quality graphics, and not running it all at a beautiful 8K resolution.
You'd probably be pushing 30-40FPS on the main, with lower level 3,4 graphics, and if you're lucky it'll be at something like 1200x800.

Of course, as with any bit of guess work. Your Mileage May Vary.
<<

klash45

Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:18 am

Thanks guys for your reply. Bob thanks for you big answer, it helps me to choose my future computer.

Return to Multiboxing Hardware