FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Saitek Pro Gamer/Cyborg Command Unit - Native Support

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ZorbaTheGeek

Post Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:58 am

Saitek Pro Gamer/Cyborg Command Unit - Native Support

I'm keen to remove Pinnacle profiler, a third party keybind app for directinput devices, from my machine(Saitek drivers don't exist for windows 7 afaik) and lose all the "typeable" keybinds from my setup so I am able to type messages without switching off keymaps.

I've run the buttontest.iss and IS seems to support the device, listed as "Button X". The InputDevices.xml file also contains <Set Name="06A3-80C0 Saitek Pro Gamer Command Unit (26-input)"> with a complete listing of buttons and axis under "Button 0" to "button 23" plus "X Axis" and "Y Axis".

Unfortunately these button names are not listed in ISBoxers drop down so I am unable to bind them. Is the device natively supported or am I misunderstanding?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 am

Re: Saitek Pro Gamer/Cyborg Command Unit - Native Support

Close IS, open up InputDevices.XML, and change the names of the buttons to NOT start with "Button " (example: SCU-1, SCU-2, etc). Save then (re)launch ISBoxer. Profit!

Though unfortunately ISBoxer does not currently support the axes (Inner Space probably handles them fine, but ISBoxer does not provide the configuration)
<<

ZorbaTheGeek

Post Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: Saitek Pro Gamer/Cyborg Command Unit - Native Support

lax wrote:Close IS, open up InputDevices.XML, and change the names of the buttons to NOT start with "Button " (example: SCU-1, SCU-2, etc). Save then (re)launch ISBoxer. Profit!

Superb. Works like a charm =D

I've left the other package up to run the remapped Axis, but now natively bind all keystrokes into ISBoxer. Finally I can type in my authenticator codes or reply to a whisper without killing the keymaps.. Hurrah!

Return to Multiboxing Hardware