FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

CPU Core Question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

washtana

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:55 pm

CPU Core Question

I bought a new computer and went from a I7 920 to a I7 4930. I transferred over my ISBoxer wow settings from my old computer and they are all still showing 8 cores in my performance tab. So I ran the wizard and recreated a team but now it is showing 6 cores. Is there a setting that I need to do to show 12 instead of 6 or am I confused on what I'm seeing? Thank you in advance.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:15 pm

Re: CPU Core Question

washtana wrote:Is there a setting that I need to do to show 12 instead of 6 or am I confused on what I'm seeing? Thank you in advance.

I'm pretty sure ISBoxer is getting the information directly from the OS... So, are you able to open up your Task Manager, click on the Performance tab, and visually see that there are 12 "cores" there?
<<

washtana

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:28 pm

It is showing 6 which tells me it's not a ISBoxer issue. I guess I will do a little research on the web on my bios. Thanks for your input.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:53 pm

washtana wrote:It is showing 6 which tells me it's not a ISBoxer issue. I guess I will do a little research on the web on my bios. Thanks for your input.

It likely means that hyper-threading is disabled in your BIOS.
<<

washtana

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:18 pm

That was it and all is working well. Thanks for the help and thanks for your video on upgrading your computer. I used it as a baseline for my upgrade. I have the same processor as you and I have a single titan black but my load screens are no where near yours. It may be your 3 video cards!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:27 pm

washtana wrote:That was it and all is working well. Thanks for the help and thanks for your video on upgrading your computer. I used it as a baseline for my upgrade. I have the same processor as you and I have a single titan black but my load screens are no where near yours. It may be your 3 video cards!

Thanks... and glad it was an easy fix. :)

Return to Multiboxing Hardware