FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Recommended max number to box based off hardware

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Trizzle

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:36 am

Recommended max number to box based off hardware

Fellow Multi-boxers,

Just started boxing and getting use to everything. I am asking for some advice based on my hardware about how many i should box at one time. I currently do 3. I have noticed that the other two screens get a bit hitchy when i run for an extended period of time, so much that the toons looks autofollow.

current setup

Processor Name Intel Core 2 Duo T9400
Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
Processor Speed 2.53 GHz
RAM 4 GB
Graphics Card nVidia GeForce 9600M GT
Graphics Memory 512

I have access to another desktop machine on my network that i could easily run rift on, (possible setting up ISBoxer on 2 machines) however when my son is around he would be plenty pissed that i would take up two machines to box accounts. he wants to shoot people on COD black ops.

Thanks

Trizzle
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:31 pm

Re: Recommended max number to box based off hardware

This is more or less answered in Multiboxing: Recommended System Specifications.

To run 3 we typically recommend this or better: 2-4 CPU cores, 3GB RAM, 512MB video card

Your 2-core CPU is fine to run 3, but at least one of the CPU cores is doubled-up. Ideally you would have at least 3. Your 9600M GT is probably the bottleneck in this case. If you haven't set your graphics options in the game to the lowest possible, I'd start with that. You can also adjust the framerate options per Slot in your Character Set (the CPU Strategy Wizard can help with that), it can be a little lower for the background windows than is set by default. Try setting it at 15-20 for the background, and that might help a bit.
<<

Trizzle

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Recommended max number to box based off hardware

thank you Lax

Return to Multiboxing Hardware