FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

CPU Upgrade advice | WoW 8 clients

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Saotan

Post Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:24 pm

CPU Upgrade advice | WoW 8 clients

Hello IsBoxer community !

I started multiboxing a few weeks ago and so far it has absolutely been a blast ! Unfortunately the shadowlands pre-patch came with a system requirements upgrade and since then my hardware cannot sustain 8 WoW clients with a playable framerate (main window running under 15 fps ...).
All my clients are running at the lowest graphics with the lowest resolution scale, except for the main client that is slightly higher. The Graphics API is DirectX 11.
My balancing strategy defined on IsBoxer is round robin.
I don't think i can have lower settings than that so i believe i'm out of options on that front. I guess it's time to upgrade the hardware, but if you have any suggestions i would appreciate it very much!

My current hardware is the following :
Motherboard : MSI Z370-A PRO
RAM : 32GB (DDR4 Ballistix Sport LT, Rouge, 2666 MHz, CAS 16) 8x4
GC : MSI GeForce GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1, 6 Go
CPU : Intel Core i5-8600K (3.6 GHz)
SSD : Samsung Série 860 EVO 250 Go
Fan : Be Quiet! Pure Rock
HDD : Seagate BarraCuda 1 To
Alim : Be Quiet ! Pure Power 10, 600W

From monitoring my hardware i can easily see that my CPU is the problem here. I rarely need more than 60% of my memory and the graphics card rarely uses more than 40% of VRAM.
My CPU However, since the pre-patch, is at 98% with 3 cores at 100% and the other 3 around 60-70% (which is a bit weird, i expected it to be more balanced except for the core dedicated to the main client).
Since i'm on a LGA 1151 socket i believe i can upgrade to a 9th generation CPU but not higher.

Overhall what do you recommend ?
Do you have any advice on tweeking the settings to allow it to run smoother with the current hardware ?
Do you think i should upgrade the hardware ? If so, do you have a compatible CPU to recommend ? (I don't have a tight budget but as always the cheaper the better, since i would only need it for multiboxing)

Thank you all in advance for your advices and sorry for the English. I'm french so i tried my best.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:46 am

Re: CPU Upgrade advice | WoW 8 clients

Saotan wrote:The Graphics API is DirectX 11.

Tried DirectX 11 Legacy?

Return to Multiboxing Hardware