FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help Getting Isoboxer to work with WAR

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gulashtrollface

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:12 pm

Help Getting Isoboxer to work with WAR

I can see the last post was 5 years ago.... and since then, WAR has been going under a "private" server.

I can't get WAR to work with Isoboxer.

Anyone still reading this able to help me? Maybe it isn't possible anymore?

I only have a few days left on my free trial, so the quicker, the better :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 pm

Re: Help Getting Isoboxer to work with WAR

Which particular part are you having trouble with?

Installing, logging in, running games, the quick setup wizard, finding the manual, some kind of error message?

If it is a setup issue, describe the problem and read the quick setup guide. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide

If it is some kind of error, blank screen, or something in the launch process, or not applying window layouts, showing overlays, broadcasting (i.e. before logging into the game), get a compatibility diagnostic and describe the issue. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics

If it is some keys not responding, something to do with follow/assist or general how do I get this key to work, provide your profile and describe the issue. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

gulashtrollface

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:18 pm

I get to the part where I right click character set > name, and click launch.

The launcher pops up, but nothing happens.

I then click connect on the launcher, and the game launches. I pick my character.

Nothing else happens.

I then repeat the first step, and when the new launcher pops up, the first game instance is closed.

Everytime I try to open up the launcher for a second instance of the game, the first instance which is already running always closes.

it seems the private development team doesnt want multi boxing, so anytime a second launcher is run, any running game is closed.
<<

bob

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:48 pm

ISBoxer will not automatically click on stuff to launch the game. If the launcher is coming up, that is correct. You may need to enter in usernames/passwords/ or even click on a button. All normal so far.

When you then click on launch, and it gets into the game to select the character, that is also all good so far.

Then you need to make sure that the launcher is closed. Inner Space will then detect that the first game has started (it does this by seeing that the launcher has closed), and it will launch the next instance of the launcher for the next game. If it happens to take longer than 3 minutes to get to the character select screen, you may need to reselect your team from the Inner Space menu, like you did the first time around.

If the game closes when the launcher is closed, then it all gets a bit tricky. That generally means there is something dependant between the two, and they really don't want you multiboxing it. It may not be possible to work around that.

If the game closes when the second launcher starts up, then there may be a mutex that the launcher is looking for (or a running executable), as which point it may be possible to use a Virtual File in ISBoxer to get around that. The trick is to know what the launcher is looking for, and this either requires a bit of special sauce technique, or some trial and error. Process Explorer and the handle view of a process can be your friend here. I'd be inclined to look for any mutants that the game is using (other than the usual ones that Windows automatically adds), and add a virtual file for them. Sometimes they use obvious names.
<<

gulashtrollface

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:19 pm

When there is a game running, I can close the launcher, and the game will not be affected.

The game only closes if a "second" launcher is executed while a first launcher window is up, AND the game will close if there is NO launcher window up, and I execute the launcher exe.

there is a return to reckoning launcher process and a WAR executable process.

Maybe the launcher looks for the WAR executable, and if there is a WAR running, the launcher auto-closes it?

- edit -

Checking my processes, the number of processes increases by two when I have the Launcher and Game Running. So unless there is something hidden, it seems the launcher checks for the WAR executable for the game itself.

- edit edit -

New issue...

So, when I execute the Launch from Isoboxer's Character Set option, the launcher loads, and I click play game.

The game itself then loads for a second or two, then immediately closes.

The launcher is still there.

So now it seems the game is just closing before it can load fully.

- edit x3 -

So i noticed that in Isoboxer, there is an option for how long the next game will load ( launch each character X seconds after another is ready )

So I changed it to 10 seconds. The game loaded longer, and after 10 seconds, the game closes. I changed it to 25 seconds. The game loaded, and after 25 seconds, the game closed and the launcher was there.

Seems like trying to load a second launcher crashes / closes the game.
<<

bob

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:58 pm

Yeah, so none of that is what I alluded to..

However, I don't know which server you are looking at, but if it is the one I'm looking at, then the policy specifically states they do not tolerate any form of multiboxing.
<<

gulashtrollface

Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:47 am

Oh well
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:06 am

gulashtrollface wrote:Oh well

Yo gulashrollface,

I had tried IS on RoR (Return of Reckoning - Private Server), it's worked! But condition to make it worked, you need virtual system. The server was installed private developed software to protected the game, so you can't launch multiple instants with same IP. Virtual like VM was fine and sound, but too much setup and installs. If you like it, try VMware, it's free :).

Wish can help!

Ta

Return to Warhammer Online