FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SWG/ISBoxer Issue(s)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rol3n

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Re: SWG/ISBoxer Issue(s)

Ok, haven't heard anything all day... going to just reinstall soon and say screw the bug report...
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Can you show me the contents of the options.cfg file in your SWG folder? I'm attempting to reproduce your issue...
<<

rol3n

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:19 pm

# options.cfg - Please do not edit this auto-generated file.

[ClientAudio]
soundProvider="Windows Speaker Configuration"

[ClientGame]
skipIntro=1

[ClientGraphics]
useHardwareMouseCursor=1
screenWidth=1600
screenHeight=1200
useSafeRenderer=0
rasterMajor=7

[Direct3d9]
fullscreenRefreshRate=60

[SharedUtility]
cache=misc/cache_large.iff

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

So this last uninstall I noticed that there was NO uninstall file anywhere in the innerspace folder like it had been the previous couple times I'd uninstalled. Each time I reinstalled I always reinstalled from the ISBoxer link to download ISBoxer. Had the link bookmarked so it always downloaded from the same location. The first install was corrupted in some way apparently as it initiated this problem immediately. The second install worked perfectly, just as intended but somehow reset back to this issue after only working for about 6 hours. This third install is doing exactly as the first one did initially and the second did later.

The problem is: the hotkeys to swap do not work. From the 2nd window you CAN switch to the first but it is not instant, takes about 3 seconds.
When you activate the 2nd char's hotkey from the first window, it highlights the appropriate is2 instance button at the bottom in the taskbar, but does not switch to it. I can Alt-Tab-Tab from the first window and get to the 2nd window but again it takes a few seconds.

Additionally, video fx do not work when this problem manifests. However, I can still use broadcasting/repeater profiles/etc. and can still actually play these 2 toons at the same time. It just is a helluva lot slower and with none of the functionality I would like to see.
<<

rol3n

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Over a week with no response?

Yeah I would like a refund... can't get the crap to work, can't get any support to get the crap to work, so it's just crap. That doesn't work.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:42 pm

3 days is totally over a week, I was unable to reproduce your issues, and as I've never heard of anyone else having your issues I can't really be of much help beyond suggesting you upgrade video drivers or other things that are more likely to make you angry than solve the problem.

Refunded as requested.
<<

rol3n

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Every driver on my computer is completely up to date. I'm running 6 cores at 3.8. 3TB drive. 12G ram. 2g vid card.

I've ran every other program, game, application, movie, song, webpage, everything with no issues. Your program is the only thing that hasn't worked correctly. I've also attempted to explain to you what was wrong, and tried to say it in different ways. It is a very simple problem it seems. Only 2 things aren't working.

I could have done any kind of bug report or whatever you might have needed to resolve the problem. Then there's the fact that one download from your site does not work, (the initial one), the very next download does work, then stops working, but doesn't have any uninstall files as the first one did, then the third one doesn't work. Nothing on my computer changed. No additional programs were added, no settings were changed.

The only thing that changed was your program. And it was downloaded from your ISBoxer site.

Thanks for the amazingly fast refund. Had the support been anywhere remotely as timely I would have gladly paid for whatever your big subscription package is, because after the 6 hour taste I got of ISBoxer I fell in love. But after 8 days with only 6 hours of functionality, and zero effective support, I gave up.

If you manage to figure out the issue, I'll gladly pay for the service again. 5 years at a time even... Money isn't the problem. I just like to get things that work, and if for some reason they don't work, I like to have them working shortly after purchase. If I feel that someone I have purchased something from is taking the slightest bit of genuine interest in my issue, and actually appears to be taking steps to resolve it, not just brushing me off, I'll stick around longer. That wasn't the case here.
<<

rol3n

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:15 pm

Oh and 87% of the message you sent me with the refund was in Chinese.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:26 am

I understand your frustration. But it doesn't matter how many times you re-explain that your video fx doesn't work, that doesn't change that I've never heard of what you're describing happening to anyone else. The feature set is built into Windows, I'm just hooking up to it. It doesn't surprise me that you wouldn't notice this particular issue affecting any other program because most programs do not use that functionality.

As far as the mouse issues you were having, I would have to duplicate the issue in order to solve it, and sadly that couldn't be done. It works fine for me and I can only attempt it on so many PC's.

The only things left to try involve fiddling with your PC, which I cannot do for you and your response to my suggesting you could try drivers was as I predicted. Besides, you told me it worked fine at one point, something had to change for it to break again and there's no way for me to know what you actually changed to solve it or break it again. You reinstalled, well that doesn't really change anything it's going to install the same files that it installed the previous time. I can only imagine the ISBoxer config would also be pretty much the same as the previous time you ran the Quick Setup Wizard, unless you chose a different Window Layout that happened to interact differently with the game, but then for it to break again the next day you would have had to make a change in ISBoxer, and Export to Inner Space, and I wouldn't assume that you would do that and then say you didn't touch it and it just broke on its own.

Oh and 87% of the message you sent me with the refund was in Chinese.

I can't help you with that, I didn't send a message to you and I don't run PayPal. I just clicked refund.

Anyway, we're already done here, you're already refunded and if these issues happen to someone else in the future I will troubleshoot it with them instead. I have no reason to take this abuse from you.
Previous

Return to Star Wars Galaxies