FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Suggestion] More customization options please

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dreadone79

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:23 pm

[Suggestion] More customization options please

Hi guys. Please keep in mind that english isnt my main language and i really struggle
to express what i mean from time to time.

I got a little quality of life suggestion in regard of clickbars.

Im handicapped and can only use two fingers of my left hand so most of the time im a "clicker"
because i need my left hand for movement.

I built myself some clickbars around the standard blizzard raid frames
but it would be very convinient not to need "that many" of them.

For clarification :

Im driving from my paladin tank and want to control my mages as well my holypaladin
for healing. But thats not the point right now. There may be better ways but im talking about clickbars
in the topic :D

clickbars1.jpg
clickbars1.jpg (601.79 KiB) Viewed 7147 times

That are "many clickbars". And creating a way to combine some of them would really be
nice. And im not talking about positioning chaos ;)

clickbars2.jpg
clickbars2.jpg (649.82 KiB) Viewed 7147 times

I had the problem that when i combined my toons "left" and "right" clickbars and left space between
them to fit in the raidframe, my repeaterreagion+clique healing didnt work properly anymore because of that
"unused clickbar slots". The cursor was just acting strange and from time to time the heal didnt get through correctly
and i died screaming. It was a mess. So i switched to full clickbars. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So this doesnt work out for me:

clickbars3.jpg
clickbars3.jpg (17.06 KiB) Viewed 7147 times

The problem is that the clickbar buttons cant be customized individualy.

You cant do something like in my case : "3 little squares, a large one, 2 little squares"

You can practicaly only choose 1 size for them all and only change the quantity.

It would be nice to be able to customize the different buttons inside 1 clickbar layout.

Something like that :

So I could make 1 big clickbar out of at least 3. :D

Thank you for your time. I hope it wasnt too confusing...
Last edited by Dreadone79 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:30 pm

Re: [Suggestion] More customization options please

You can use Menus instead of Click Bars and use a custom template to get the layout you want.

Click Bars just generate a grid and are not likely to receive such a big change at this point, particularly when new development efforts are being spent on ISBoxer 2. ISBoxer 2 will definitely make this sort of thing easier on you
<<

Dreadone79

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:39 pm

lax wrote:You can use Menus instead of Click Bars and use a custom template to get the layout you want.

Click Bars just generate a grid and are not likely to receive such a big change at this point, particularly when new development efforts are being spent on ISBoxer 2. ISBoxer 2 will definitely make this sort of thing easier on you

I didnt try out menus yet because i saw the same limitations there: 1 menu for each char but only 1 button size.

Have to find something about that template thing you mentioned. :?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:44 pm

These should get you started

Wiki info: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Menu:Template
A written MiRai walkthrough: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3951#p17000

Return to Click Bars