FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with Clickbar and Formation/Movement

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dreadone79

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:53 am

Problem with Clickbar and Formation/Movement

Hiya. I try to setup a clickbar to pause jamba follow strobe and do a flying v formation at the same time.
But i cant get it to work. My minions pause the strobing but i dont see them move. :|

Here is the clickbar:

Isboxerstep1.jpg
Isboxerstep1.jpg (95.46 KiB) Viewed 7859 times

and here is the mapped key:

Isboxerstep2.jpg
Isboxerstep2.jpg (103.11 KiB) Viewed 7859 times

I also tried a variable keystroke action with move backward... then i also tried to make simple keystroke action with alt+q which is the flying v formation.
I also changed the targets from self to all other with the last two tries. But that also didnt do it.

Nothing works :D . What am i doing wrong. haaaalllppp :)

Didnt try that with a menu yet...
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:20 am

Re: Problem with Clickbar and Formation/Movement

formations require you to hold down the hotkey while the toons move. mouse clicks tend to be pretty quick so I imagine there is not much time for the toons to move during the click.

You'd probably also want to make sure the mapped key attached to the click bar was set to execute when "pressed".
<<

Dreadone79

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:44 am

bob wrote:formations require you to hold down the hotkey while the toons move. mouse clicks tend to be pretty quick so I imagine there is not much time for the toons to move during the click.

You'd probably also want to make sure the mapped key attached to the click bar was set to execute when "pressed".

I dont want a whole formation with 1 keypress. I just want them to make a step like they do when i press alt+q manuelly myself.
Thats why i dont understand why the same doesnt work with a keymap. Same with the move backward key.
Perhaps its a clickbar limitation. i would be ok with that. I just want to find out what "my error" is to learn from it.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:03 pm

Dreadone79 wrote:I dont want a whole formation with 1 keypress.

That isn't what bob said...

bob wrote:formations require you to hold down the hotkey while the toons move.

Substitute "Hotkey" with "mouse button" and that's how you perform formations via "clicking." So, hold down the mouse button to move your characters into position, the same way you hold down a key.

Dreadone79 wrote:Thats why i dont understand why the same doesnt work with a keymap. Same with the move backward key.
Perhaps its a clickbar limitation. i would be ok with that. I just want to find out what "my error" is to learn from it.

Click Bars are able to be tied to any Mapped Key, and they will function the same way as if they're executed with a Hotkey.

The only thing that could be conflicting is simply sending the macro along with holding down a movement key, but I haven't tested this myself, and based on what's been said above, I assume it's perhaps a simple misunderstanding, especially if the Mapped Key works before it's tied to a Click Bar button.
<<

Dreadone79

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:54 pm

Dreadone79 wrote:
bob wrote:formations require you to hold down the hotkey while the toons move. mouse clicks tend to be pretty quick so I imagine there is not much time for the toons to move during the click.

The hold option in the keymap did the trick like you said ! Thank you !

When i hold the key down, most of the time the strobe off part doesnt fire off. But hammering the button works fine again for unfollowing. :D :mrgreen:

Any idea to smoothen that? Thats how the keymap looks like:

follow2.jpg
follow2.jpg (70.52 KiB) Viewed 7807 times

follow1.jpg
follow1.jpg (147.16 KiB) Viewed 7807 times

I know thats only a first world problem. i could just change the flying v to a simple move backward step :roll: Just asking

Return to Click Bars