FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HOWTO: Click Bar Healing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:32 am

Re: HOWTO: Click Bar Healing

Set a hotkey on the mapped key which you have created.

The clickbar just runs a mapped key. If that mapped key does the target, and it does the heal, then if you added a hotkey, you would have what you are asking for.
<<

rollin772

Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:12 am

I do see how old this thread is and how long it's been since someone posted but I thought I'd post here before starting a new thread.

First, great guide Bob, really helped me out. I spent hours messing with menu overlays and click bars but finally got something working after going through your guide step by step. The only thing I did not do was the toggle on/off feature for the click bars. I have a couple questions if you or anyone else could possibly help me out.

1. Can I set up another button, or another function on one of the existing buttons to heal my casters pets' ?
2. Is there a way to space out the buttons somewhat? I know when making menus you can space them out up and down, and left to right to lay over hotbars nicely.
3. I think I can make a mezz / CC click bar with most of what you provided minus one key thing, is there a way to have a click bar target extended target 1-5 when I mouse over the click bars? I watched a video by Alge where he has somethng like that. He scrolls over the enchanters extended target window, left clicks on the name and it casts mez from the enchanters window. My biggest issues so far have been getting targetting correct, still can't get follow to work without just using a keymap to actuate a /target <driver> /follow on each toon.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
<<

bob

Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:10 am

So most of what you are trying to get around are game mechanics. LOTRO just doesn't do what you can do in WoW and it's rich interface for macros.

On to the answers (kindof).

1. Not likely in a 1 click method. There is not really a method to specifically target a casters pet except cycling. If you press a target party member, and then press it again, it will switch to the pet if the target has one. To make it consistent, you would need to know you were not targeting the party member first, so, this ends up being something like F1, F2, F2, HEAL. So you could potentially do it, and you might be able to get away with some carefully engineered mapped keys which call other mapped keys, but it will be highly dependant on the game client interpreting the flurry of inbound key presses that it will receive. But that all said. You could try it. I'd start with a mapped key that calls 2 other Do Mapped Key Actions, which are going to do the F1, F2, F2, and put this on a mouseover, and if that works, then all you need is a heal mapped key (which you probably already have).

2. Not on a Clickbar. On a menu, sure. On a Menu it is the Button Margin and Border Size in the menu template. If menus would do mouseovers, then I'd probably redo this guide with menus. I could setup a custom menu template to do that for me, but there ends up being a bit of a disconnect as you then end up configuring things in ISBoxer that don't link anywhere because it is defined in the custom template, and I was trying to keep it simple. All the options under clickbars are a little bit limiting on that front and end up needing individual buttons in clickbars, and then a mapped key to do a lot of loading.

3. Sounds like there may be some trickery going on with VideoFX and transparent buttons. You mention some issue with Targeting and then mix it up with Follow (which yes, the method for LOTRO is select target/follow target), making the question in this item all a bit confusing. Sure you can target a slot. I take you through doing this in the guide. You want to target a specific slot, use the Variable Keystroke Action and choose Target Slot X. You want to Target the active slot, select one of the Target Slot X variable keystrokes, and replace the number with {SLOT}.

If you are having issues with the Quick Setup Wizard Target/Follow method, which should be using the method under ISB-42 Party -> Follow Me (Target Slot), then open a new post in the appropriate forum and share your config.
<<

rollin772

Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:37 am

Thanks for your response. As for 3 my big concern was not really the follow issue. I just kind of started rambling. I was more interested in how Alge got his setup to click > target extended <target> > cast mezz. You are right he was using video fix from enchanted opened up on tanks window. I just wasn’t sure if tha was possible with clickbars or if it needed menus; which I’m not sure I’m ready for yet.

Thanks
<<

bob

Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:58 am

I have no idea why I thought you were playing LOTRO. Anyway, not sure about some of the EQ thingys and extended targets (the fact it is EQ explains to me why I was so confused about what you were on about).
<<

Cetus

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:28 pm

I started looking for a "how to" on click healing bars and found a fair amount of videos and tutorials. The issue that I ran into as a newbie was that the older stuff may not apply to the current version of ISboxer. I am using ISB42.

I wanted to confirm for the other newbies that this tutorial works as advertised. Bob also did a really good job explaining why you are doing what you are doing. So I learned a lot about click bars, mapped keys, etc in the process of setting this up.

So by following the steps here I ended up with a click healing bar that I can turn on and off with the F10 key and it has the names of my characters in the correct slots.

Thanks to bob to posting this many years ago and it still holds in 2019 ISB42
<<

Bright1

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:32 pm

Bob,

Just wanted to say thanks. I only ran into one problem (healer wouldn't target herself) and someone else had the same problem and you told them how to fix it.
(in game key-bind)
I can expand dramatically from what i learnt here. Thanks again
Previous

Return to Click Bars