OCZ Vertex 4 256gb sata3 ssd drive
geforce gtx 970 graphics card
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:24 pm

Re: HOWTO: Click Bar Healing

Ok, so you missed the bit
ISBoxer usually configures WOW to use macros for Follow/Assist rather than other games that need to do Target character + Follow/Assist command, so this action won’t work unless you have configured Variable Keystrokes for your character set. If you did not configure the Variable Keystrokes for your WOW character set, then you will need to add a Named World of Warcraft Macro Action instead.

What this means is that your Group Target mapped keys should be using a Named World of Warcraft Macro action, rather than the variable keystroke action (unless you can't use the ISBoxer Addon for some reason, at which point you have bigger issues).

Anyway, to fix, delete the actions from the Step 1 of the Group Target X mapped keys, and replace them with a Keystroke Action -> Named World of Warcraft action, and select the "/targetexact {FTL}" option from the drop down.
it will look something like this.

Now, take note. The section for "Add Optional Modifiers" needs to be filled out. For each Slot number the modifiers will be different, although ISBoxer does set them up in a standard order for your character sets, so you can set it once, and it should work with all your Quick Setup Wizard generated character sets (for WoW anyway).

To find out what the optional modifiers should be you can look up each slot number by selecting the Character Set in the top left and then the Slot numbers in the lower right.
My check says that
Slot 1 = Left Shift
Slot 2 = Right Shift
Slot 3 = Left Ctrl
Slot 4 = Left Alt
Slot 5 = Left Ctrl + Left Shift.

So set those optional modifiers on the appropriate "GroupHeal Target Slot X" mapped key when you change to the Named World of Warcraft macro action, and it should be good.

If this is not the issue, then I can only think that your healer does not have anything bound in game to the 1 or the 2 key.
<<

shadowm891

Post Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:06 pm

under my mapped keys for step one do i pick left shift under add optional modifiers on all my slots ?
asrock z77 extreme 6
intel i5 3570k oc to 4.4ghz
corsair vengeance 16gb ddr3 1600
ocz stealthxstream ocz600sxs 600w
seagate barracuda 1tb 7200rpm
<<

shadowm891

Post Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:26 pm

well i did what you said to do and my healer only heals slot 1 when i left click the box but it won't for the rest of the slots
asrock z77 extreme 6
<<

bob

Post Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:35 pm

So it is a targeting issue.
As you move the mouse over each of the buttons, the healer should be targeting a different character. The only reason it wouldn't at this point would be because you have not set the correct optional modifiers for each of the GroupHeal Target Slot X mapped keys.

They should be,
GroupHeal Target Slot 1 = Left Shift
GroupHeal Target Slot 2 = Right Shift
GroupHeal Target Slot 3 = Left Ctrl
GroupHeal Target Slot 4 = Left Alt
GroupHeal Target Slot 5 = Left Ctrl + Left Shift.

The clicking shouldn't even matter at this point. You need the targeting to work first, and that is happening as you roll the mouse over the buttons.
<<

shadowm891

Post Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:45 pm

the target part works when i am on my main screen which is my tank and i move my mouse over each slot it lights up that player.
asrock z77 extreme 6
<<

bob

Post Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:07 pm

A caveat of all this, is that I've not tested this extensively with WoW because it has much better options. But lets carry on.
If the targeting is working, then the only reason the actions for the click may not be working correctly is that the modifiers for the targeting are still "pressed" when you click on the buttons so you are getting SHIFT+1 or ALT+1 etc, on the click. This would be easy enough to prove by having your healer setup with different actions on the binds. If this is what it is doing then it becomes a PITA to work with.

To get around that, you can rejig the target mapped keys to target and heal in the 1 mapped key. This would mean for each different type of click action in the button set you need a separate mapped key.

If doing this, then I would have something like:

Target Slot 1 SimpleHeal 1 -> (set this to execute on "Press Or Release")
Step 1 -> /TargetExact {FTL} + left Shift -> GroupHeals
Step 2 -> Do Mapped Key -> SimpleHeal1 -> self (or Window: Current)

rinse and repeat.

You'd need to remove the mouseover on the clickbar buttons, and then set each of the click options for the button to call the appropriate mapped key.
<<

drizzdt

Post Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:18 am

*Note: Using WoW*

I've done the above steps twice now and everything works except the "targeting" is off.

For instance, when I click on Targets 1-3 they often seem to prefer to just target slot 1. I have noticed that the mouseover in-game isn't aligning either, in that about 20-30 pixels offset vertically and the target switches?

Is there a resolution setting that needs adjustment for this to work?
<<

bob

Post Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:26 am

If you have done exactly as I specified, then the targetexact should have different modifers set for each character it is targeting. If you have set them all to Leftshift, then they will target slot 1 all the time.

If you are not playing on Blizzard servers, then don't use the WoW setup. You will need to use a non WoW config.

As with anything related to your ISBoxer profile setup on this forum, it is far easier to work out wtf is going on if you share your profile.
<<

drizzdt

Post Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:17 am

Turns out i did for the 3rd time but made sure that "pressed" was selected on release/pressed...

Worked ! :)

How can you also just bind heals to a key? as in

CTRL + F1 - Heal Slot 1
CTRL + F2 - Heal Slot 2
CTRL + F3 - Heal Slot 3 ?

Thanks btw!
PreviousNext

Return to Click Bars