FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can click bars be set to swap character windows?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nexxusofa178

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Can click bars be set to swap character windows?

On my window layout, I have it set to switch the main region by pressing a slot activate key. I then have my character slots configured with logitech g-keys as the slot activate keys, which is fine.

But I was just wondering if I could set up click bar buttons that would do the same thing?

For testing, I configured a different slot activate key instead then tried a mapped key set to one of the click bars, but that didn't seem to work.

Just wondering if it was possible before wasting too much time on it.

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Can click bars be set to swap character windows?

You can technically do it, yes. It sounds like you might be trying to use a Keystroke Action to activate an ISBoxer Hotkey? (specifically, the slot activate hotkey) Keystroke Actions will never do that by design.

Instead, the Window Actions will let you do this. Window Focus Action will let you set any of the windows as your input focus (meaning that typing will go to that window) and if your Swap option was Always, that would be sufficient. However, since you've got your Swap option set to when you use a specific Hotkey, you're going to have to use Window State Actions to move the windows around.

So here's how to do this. Normally I would say to use only one Mapped Key and use it for all of your Click Bar buttons, but as it turns out the Window Focus Action doesn't support focusing the "current window", I'll have to correct that. That just makes this a little more complicated to set up... unless you enable "Focus follows mouse" (or manually focus the window after swapping with this method) instead of using a Window Focus Action.

For now let's leave out the Window Focus Action so I can keep this simple.

Set up a Mapped Key, 1 step, add 2 Window State Actions. First Window State Action set the Target to Window:Current, Where = Foreground. Second one set Target to Window:All w/o Current, Where = Background. Recommend leaving How set to Instantly, unless you don't use Instant Swap.

Now... because we picked the Targets based on "current window", this same Mapped Key can be used to move ANY window into the main region, by having that particular window execute this mapped key. That means you can have your Click Bar with 5 or however many buttons on it, have it do this Mapped Key, and set the Target for the click bar button's action .. to the window you want to activate (e.g. by Slot). So button 1 might say activate window -> 1, button 2 might say activate window -> 2, and so on.

Enjoy ;)
<<

korenogamer

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:22 pm

I followed these instruction to accomplish this. However, you have to click a second time anywhere on the screen before you can switch again. So, I did it a different way, that allowed me to do this.

I have 3 characters I run. So this is what I did

I made 3 mapped keys under Always On. I named them "Switch to Koreno", "Switch to Eruri", "Switch to Ishisu". For each one I made only 1 step with 1 action. A New Window Focus Action. I set the Focus for Koreno to Slot 1, Eruri slot 2, and Ishisu Slot 3.

Then on the button for Koreno, I had it execute the corrisponding mapped key with the target being the current window.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:51 am

korenogamer wrote:I followed these instruction to accomplish this. However, you have to click a second time anywhere on the screen before you can switch again.

What? You could probably have just enabled the "Focus follows mouse" option in your window layout, there's no reason to have to click extra times
<<

coolnet

Post Thu May 10, 2012 6:42 pm

Is there any way to switch windows with a click bar(maped key) and a layout witch has a roaming slot and "only when I press the swap hotkey" enabeld?
Because when i send the roaming slot to background with a "windows state acion" it don't find the right free location, and always stay at the same wrong location.
For the other windows the method you discribed here works fine, but not for the roaming slot.
Can't you implement a windows action, that call the same procedure wich ist used when pressing the "Swap Hotkey"?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Can't you implement a windows action, that call the same procedure wich ist used when pressing the "Swap Hotkey"?

Here you go. :)

Code:
ISBoxer 40.2.0511.1
    * The Mapped Key Wizard now also includes an Alternate Hotkey type
    * Right clicking on a Mapped Key in the bottom left pane now includes a "Create Alternate Hotkey" option
    * Window State Action now includes a check box '... and move others to Background' next to the Foreground state option. When this box is checked, the behavior of this Window State Action will be identical to the 'Swap Hotkey' Window Layout option.

Update through Help->About
<<

coolnet

Post Sun May 13, 2012 1:31 pm

lax wrote:Here you go. :)

Works perfect, thank you.

Return to Click Bars