FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Newcomer with IS and question about click bars

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kardashev

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Newcomer with IS and question about click bars

My wife and I play Everquest. I play 2 characters on my pc (tank and healer). She plays 3 characters, 2 on her pc (dps) and 1 on our laptop (enchanter). While in a group I mainly have to heal my tank and occasionally others in the group (very rare). With IS I have been able to setup my characters in a window layout I like and setup a follow me command when clicking my middle mouse button. After reading about click bars I wanted to try one out but honestly I am a bit lost. Both in creating a click bar to pass commands to my healer and figuring out if it can do what I would like.

When we played WOW awhile back I used an add on called grid, unfortunately I can not find anything like that for Everquest. What I would like to do is create a 5 button vertical click bar that would reside next to or on top of my tanks group window. Each box would respond to a left or right click of the mouse (adding ctrl+ and alt+ left or right click would be awesome if possible). Each click combination would cast a different spell on the character the box resides next to. For example a left click on the box next to my tank (tank being the main screen or slot 1) would tell my healer to cast a full heal. I am familiar with the EQ macros and understand I may need to setup a few on my healer to get this working. Is it possible to create a click bar that can do this? If so could someone start me off please. I have created 2 "test" characters in EQ that I have been experimenting with using IS. So far I have been able to create a new click bar but honestly I am a bit lost after that. If I can get the first click bar box functional, I will be able to do the others.

I apologize ahead of time if there is a video on how to setup click bars or a forum post I may have missed. Please let me know if there is more information I need to provide or anything that may be unclear. Thanks. :D
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: Newcomer with IS and question about click bars

Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

kardashev

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Thanks for a quick response. Will check these out.
<<

sylvanelf27

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Have you had any luck with this? I was playing SW:TOR with click heals and loved it. And now I'm trying to get it working in EQ.
<<

kardashev

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:47 pm

I am still working on the setup here and there. Finding some things that I wanted to work one way worked fine but once in game I ended up setting up differently (mainly for my play style). What aspect are you trying to setup?
<<

kardashev

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:03 pm

If you are looking for the healing setup, the first link provided at the top is the one I found most useful for what I wanted and followed almost exactly to setup. In EQ I setup the follow and assist. For healing I use the Extended Target window. This way I can place my characters in the order I want and keep it the same in my other windows. I placed the clickbar and repeater bar on the right 1/3 section of the extended target window character bars. This region is setup when my main character clicks in it my healer will cast their healing spell in their slot 1 spell bar.

Would be happy to put something together on how I did it if you like. Would have to be tomorrow though when I have some time.

Return to Click Bars