FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to delete Image sets?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kore64

Post Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:04 pm

How to delete Image sets?

Hello long time user first time posting since I cant seem to figure this one out.

I have created a couple different image sets over the years because I am to lazy to resort them manually and they get messy. I finally got around to cleaning this up, and updating all the buttons images, but I cant seem to actually delete the other image sets. I can delete them out of my configuration file and save, but when I restart innerspace they are all back. I have a couple I was testing that have way to many images and must take up too much memory because the click bars won't show until I delete that large image set at a minimum. And help would be appreciated.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:29 pm

Re: How to delete Image sets?

Image sets are stored in a different file, which the ol' Delete isn't updating. You'd need to remove them manually, and if you are not familiar with XML files, you will probably want an editor program that does know them to make sure you delete the correct groups.

The file in question is in the ISBoxer (and usually InnerSpace) install folder. It is ISBoxerToolkitGlobalSettings.XML
<<

Kore64

Post Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Thanks I can figure it out now that I know which file I actually need to change. I appreciate the help!
<<

Kore64

Post Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:04 pm

Well that actually did not work either. The pesky things are back after deleting them from the XML file and restarting innerspace.

I only find one copy on Win10 in program files (x86)/innerspace

Maybe I will just try and purge everything and reimport.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:24 pm

Deleting the image set is not enough, and if the images are still assigned somewhere, then they'll likely need to be manually removed from every area where they're still being used.
<<

Kore64

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:31 am

The only way I could fix this was:

1.) Closed innerspace from windows tray & the toolkit.
2.) Edited the ISBoxerToolkitGlobalSettings.xml to remove the additional image sets.
3.) Renamed innerspace folder
4.) Reinstalled innerspace & toolkit
5.) Copied my icon images from the renamed old innerspace folder to the new innerspace install folder.
6.) Copied my toolkit profiles from the renamed old innerspace folder to the new innerspace install folder
7.) Copied GameConfiguration.xml and .json images from the renamed old innerspace folder to the new innerspace install folder.

Started innerspace and the toolkit exported to innerspace and finally no more extra image sets...phew.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:58 am

I just went through the standard process of creating an Image Set, populating it with an image, assigning said image to a Menu Button, restarting the program to ensure all files on disk were properly updated, and then restarting ISBoxer and deleting the Image Set from the list, and I could not replicate this issue (I didn't even pull the images from where they were assigned before deleting it). I might assume that, since you are using the standard install path of Program Files, the text editor used was not running with admin privileges and therefore wasn't able to actually save the edited XML file in question.

However, if it was running with admin privileges, then more information is needed in order to duplicate this issue. Otherwise, simply selecting the Image Set and pressing the Delete key on the keyboard, should be all that needs to be done, and in the rare occurrence, also removing the images from where they are/were assigned.

Return to Click Bars