FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Followed all instructions, but can't get the game to load!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lill1thjaden

Post Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:03 pm

Followed all instructions, but can't get the game to load!

the issue I keep coming up against is that I can load 1 client just fine outside of isboxer, but when I attempt to load even 1 using isboxer setup cryptic keeps saying it crashed once I have input my details! I'm back after a looong break from multiboxing and wanted to get back into sto again! Help... are there any online videos or anything that can show where I'm going wrong? I have hunted, but the best I can find is the joe boxer stuff (which hasn't helped one bit!) I've spent 3 days now going out if my mind trying to resolve the issue to no avail...
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Followed all instructions, but can't get the game to load!

A diagnostic for crashes (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics) may be useful here.

Also as noted in the post below yours, it has been found that setting the -d3d9 flag on the game might be necessary to force the game to DirectX 9.

You can set this in the launcher options, if you are using the ARC launcher. The full set of parameters are "-d3d11enable 0 -d3d9" (w/o the quotes).
If you are using a "skip launcher" profile in Inner Space, you can set this in the game profile options, in the Main executable parameters setting.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:40 pm

http://pastebin.com/fJDBFBkP

It appears i have a tonne of things running all at once... i msconfigd the pc yesterday, so im not really sure whatss going on.
<<

bob

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:57 pm

For starters remove the Win7RTM from InnerSpace.exe and ISBoxer Toolkit.exe. It is not needed. It also doesn't need the RunAsAdmin as it will ask for that anyway, regardless of whether you set the option or not, because you have UAC enabled, but it should have no impact either way.

Other than that, hard to say. There have been a few people with crashes with the Razer Software, Win10 Anniversary and Inner Space, although it is generally Synapse rather than Cortex. But Razer have an update on their website which fixes that, so perhaps there is one there for you too.

Other than that, nothing really jumps out at me.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:12 pm

those are the runasadmin options i take it? i have removed those. another issue i keep coming across is everytime i open using inner space is that the game needs to validate over and over. doesnt happen with normal game play.
<<

bob

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:50 pm

lill1thjaden wrote:those are the runasadmin options i take it?
I meant the Win7RTM options, which is why I said the Win7RTM option. If using the right click/properties/compatibility tab, then you would be unticking the "Run this program in compatibility more for:" selection.

lill1thjaden wrote:another issue i keep coming across is everytime i open using inner space is that the game needs to validate over and over
If you are referring to the game launcher here, then it happens. I tend to click No to the verify option and it's all happy from there.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:59 pm

Im sorry, i literally had no idea what is was so made a guess in relation to the rest of the post. I wasnt questioning your wording. I have done both btw, removed the option to run using another win os and removed the runasadmin option. No change im afraid.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:05 pm

http://pastebin.com/WTUPYyaB

I have tweaked a few options, removed what was asked (i think) and attempted to stop cortex from running. Anything im doing wrong? Its wierd, before win 10 everything for the most part ran smoothly, after, well, ive had no end of issues...
<<

bob

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:12 pm

So I just noticed that your ISBoxer is not the current release, so presumably your Inner Space is not either. You could try updating to the current release.

You could also try setting Inner Space to launch 32bit, rather than x64. See if that helps. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Inner_Space_bit_options
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:32 pm

innerspace is 6139 currently. I updated my isboxer just now, no change... cryptic just keeps telling me that its crashed and wants to send a report.
Next

Return to Star Trek Online