FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

64-bit game client support available NOW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:56 pm

64-bit game client support available NOW

Update 2014-03-24: 64-bit support is now LIVE with Inner Space 1.13 build 5978!

The following subtle image shows Inner Space running in 64-bit WoW (note where it says Release x64 in the bottom left)

There's still a couple weeks of work to do before I can even share a beta version, but it's definitely coming! 8-)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:22 am

Re: 64-bit game client support coming soon!

Now all we need is some DX12 support.

>_>
<_<

^_^
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:14 am

Re: 64-bit game client support coming soon!

MiRai wrote:Now all we need is some DX12 support.

They won't even announce DirectX 12 until next week http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/p/directx12.aspx
I am sure Inner Space will support it, probably before games are even available ;)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Re: 64-bit game client support available NOW for testing

UPDATE 2014-03-24: Inner Space build 5978 is now LIVE. You no longer need the development build of Inner Space to use 64-bit support!

64-bit support is now available in build 5969 of Inner Space. This is currently the development build; to try it out, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. You do not need to do anything special to use the 64-bit support (other than what you would normally have to do to use a new game client), as long as you have patched to the new version!

This means that with this version of Inner Space, you can use both 32-bit and 64-bit game clients. I tested WoW-64 with ISBoxer and everything seemed to work fine now, but there is bound to be issues in t he 64-bit version that don't exist in the 32-bit version. Please report any new issues!

Want to try ISBoxer with WoW-64? Here's how.
1. Update Inner Space to build 5969 or later (this build is now live, just restart Inner Space to patch up if needed), as described above
2. Right click Inner Space and select Add Game. Point it at wow-64.exe in the World of Warcraft folder. Call it "World of Warcraft 64" or something easy to pick out as being 64-bit.
3. In ISBoxer, either ...
3a. use the Quick Setup Wizard and select "World of Warcraft 64" for the Game and Game Profile when selecting Characters,
3b. or in ISBoxer's top left pane, under Characters, select each of your WoW Characters; then in the bottom right pane adjust the Game and Game Profile drop-down boxes for "World of Warcraft 64"
4. Export to Inner Space to apply your ISBoxer changes
5. Launch your team
Last edited by lax on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 64-bit support is now LIVE and no longer requires the development build of Inner Space!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Well, this is f'ing sexy...
<<

heyaz

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:02 pm

ER

MAH

GERD.

Ok trying this build right away with 16 clients. Been waiting forever for this :)
<<

heyaz

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:01 pm

Running 16x right now on timeless isle. Possibly less CPU usage. Everything smooth so far, ran around, engaged in several fights, nothing noticed yet, except Maybe less CPU usage.
65% running around for me is seems low, 25% at the login screen is like... practically idle CPU compared to before. Still spiked to 99% in big combat but, it didn't seem to affect frame rate, gameplay not affected.

I had two Win8 Enterprise VMs running in the background, could free up some CPU there.

So far, so good. I'm Hoping this is the answer to a making 15 boxing smooth on an enthusiast desktop vs xeon workstation. I just can't make this thing much faster (4960x liquid nitrogen cooled to 5.2Ghz yeah maybe, but I doubt it... not enough cores).
<<

heyaz

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:19 pm

A few days of gameplay and live streaming/recording, no issues so far. Still haven't run enough tools to isolate the difference in performance, although I'm fairly certain there is an improvement (16 clients, live streaming, and local recording - and the quality of the local record was just flawless).

Once different I am sure of - when you broadcast exist clients now, or exit in general, they all exit - fast. Not 8 crashes like before, or hangs. Another boxer mentioned the same.

Return to Announcements