FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Inner Space error

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rjrapier

Post Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Inner Space error

When I try to launch Inner Space, I get "Shell_Notification failed -- Err=-2147467259" I couldn't find anything on that when I searched. This is an older computer that I used it on for years, but had not started it up in a while. I tried downloading and reinstalling, that made no difference.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Re: Inner Space error

It's a wonderful windows thing, and how it assigns system tray icons to programs.
The easiest way to fix that is to use the Uninstaller app (uninst-InnerSpace.exe) in the InnerSpace folder (after saving your Toolkit profiles somewhere else - File menu, Save As in the toolkit), to remove InnerSpace and then reinstall.

Or, you can also use the dev build of InnerSpace, which does something different with the icon registration to stop the stupidity of Windows from throwing such errors.
To try that, Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, select (it's a the red dot) the option for "Download development (test) patches"". Then right click Inner Space, select Exit. Reload Inner Space again, see if it that fixes it.
<<

rjrapier

Post Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:19 pm

What patcher option? There is nothing like that when I right click the inner space icon, and inner space won't start so I can't do anything from within it.

----------------

Uninstalling and reinstalling did nothing to help either.

----------------

It appears a windows update messed it up, working now.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:54 pm

mmmm, good point. Usually the failure occurs because Explorer is "busy", and times out, and finding out why Explorer is "busy" is the fun part. Usually some other kind of shell hook.

However, if after an install you still get the issue and want to switch up to the dev build you may need to edit the InnerSpace.XML file directly (found in C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace, or your install location), and set the following two values
Code:
<Setting Name="Always Update">1</Setting>
<Setting Name="Download Unstable Patches">1</Setting>

You'll need to do this with InnerSpace not running.

Return to General discussion