FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Disconnects one account

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Narfang

Post Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Disconnects one account

Hi there,

First off I play on a private server worlds of warcraft. I thought that the problem I was having with keyclone was unique to keyclone but it seems it happens here and im aware that that most likely means the issue lies with my hardware. However my computer is insane and should have no problem running as many accounts as I want.

What happens is if I need to press more buttons then usual at one time, for example if someone tries to gank me in world pvp the main screen gets disconnected and the others are fine. Seeing as the servers I play on have a large queue all day it makes this software pointless for me to use. Was just wondering if this was a problem experienced by anyone else or if anyone knew how to solve it. Decreasing to lower memory requiring setup has already been done and that does not help.

any other suggestions?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Re: Disconnects one account

First off let's keep any and all discussion of "private servers" off of my sites.

Secondly, the only reason I can imagine you'd get disconnected is if you're sending way more data to the server than you should be. Without seeing your configuration (see the sticky post titled "How to share your configuration") I couldn't give you a definite "here's how to fix this".

Typically, though, this might accidentally be done by sending instructions to a wider range of Targets (windows or sets of windows) than intended. For example, I just helped someone in IRC that had set up a Do Mapped Key Action with the Target set to All Windows, and then the Mapped Key it's set to do was also set to send a Keystroke with Target being All Windows. The "Do Mapped Key Action" is going to activate that Mapped Key in All Windows as instructed, exactly like the Hotkey for that Mapped Key was pressed in each and every window. Then each and every window, from there, is going to send a keystroke to all windows. With 5 characters, this results in 5 identical keystrokes in every single window. It would be possible to disconnect yourself in such a way.

If that doesn't immediately help you, definitely show your config and I'll take a look.

Return to General discussion