FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Frustrated...Little help please.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

greenspider54

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Frustrated...Little help please.

I am computer savvy, but for the life of me i cant figure out how to setup something. Little background, I run 2 aact in everquest on one Alienware i7 16G ram machine ssd 500G hdd with 24" 1080p led. I also run lesser version machine i3 16G, ssd 500G and 2 other accounts on this one with same monitor. Display resolution capable of 1920x1080.

I can get this resolution full screen in EQ1, but would like something else.

Now my dilema is all i want to do is run one 1920x540 on top of the screen, and same on bottom of the screen. Is this possible nd is there a video tutorial or something i can visually see that will help me set this up. I am a registered paying member, but if we can fix this, would gladly upgrade to a longer membership.

Thanks in advance,

Greenspider54
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: Frustrated...Little help please.

Well. The easiest solution is to create a Window Layout, like a Stacked Screen Layout, in the Window Layout Wizard. When finished, you can then goto the Window Layout by selecting it from under the Window Layout node in the top left of ISBoxer, and in the lower left you then select the Regions node, and then on the lower right, you can select each region (the black squares), by either clicking on them, or by selecting them from the Drop down list (in the Tabbed area). Each region has some properties, and one of these is the size. You can also click/drag the regions (the black bit) from the lower right corner, but it is probably easier to resize via setting the properties manually. When all you changes are done, Export to InnerSpace.

A picture. Because I'm feeling especially lazy it's kinda an all in one, but you did say you were savvy :).

BTW, I'm not sure if EQ will really like a window size of 1920x540. Some games get funny about non standard resolutions, especially resolutions that get below certain sizes or end up with crazy aspect ratios. You can of course try it out and see what happens.
<<

greenspider54

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:19 pm

VERY easy to follow, tested, you were right, so i made a swappable 1024x768 left top corner / bottom right corner. Seems to work better with standard resolutions. Kinda wish there was a way to play full 1080p in each window and trick eq or something to be 2 windows of 1280x1080 each. This will work just means i have to readjust my spell and hotbars.

Many thanks for your help!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:49 pm

greenspider54 wrote:Kinda wish there was a way to play full 1080p in each window and trick eq or something to be 2 windows of 1280x1080 each.

I'm going to assume 1280x720.. which might be doable depending on what the end game is.
If you are trying to lower the game resolution to save resources, then in the Window Layout Wizard, you can set a 3D Render size. This will mean the game renders at the specified size, but you could used a Stacked Screen layout, which would then display at 1920x1080. I recommend you set the Keep Aspect Ratio to true when doing this.

If you want to render at 1920x1080 and have smaller views at 1280x720, then you can try the following other options.
Option 1 - VideoFX
You add a new game called DXNothing. This game (it's not really) is a blank DirectX panel.
You add a new character to your character set using the DXNothing "game".
You then use VideoFX to pull parts (or the whole view) of a game client into the DXNothing panel.
If your window layout is a Stacked Screen setup (kinda needed for DXnothing to work nicely), then you put the DXNothing panel on the top, and then just use that to view/drive from.

Now there is the odd limitation, which is written on the WIKI, which is your Source (actual games) Window needs to be pretty much the full resolution of your monitor, otherwise you get some blurry/pixilation going on.
VideoFX viewers tend to like being of the same aspect ratio of the source, so your mileage may vary here with going the 1920x540 setup, but hey it's worth a shot, but a couple of viewers at 1280x720 would work.
The overlapping of the viewers, I'm not 100% on who wins in the Z order, or whether it brings the overlapped corner on top when a given viewer is active. I haven't actually tried this out, although I know that it is probably able to be overcome if needed.

MiRai has some nice videos on VideoFX. There are some on the VideoFX page, and they start here on youtube.

Option 2 - Window Layout Setup
This is a little more convoluted, but a reverse of the 3D render size, and without the DXNothing or VideoFX
Create a Stacked Screen Layout, standard options so you get 2 regions at 1920x1080.
Edit the Window Layout, selecting one of the regions, right click in the black area, select Duplicate Region. This should give you Region 3.
Now select Region 3 in the drop down (if it is not already) and set the Location of Region 3 to be off your screen area. If you only have one screen then this could be -1920,0
Set the Size of Regions 1 and 2 to be 1280x720 and position as you want
Change to the Swap Groups tab
Make sure Roaming Slot = <NO SLOT>
Make sure Active Region = <NO REGION>
Make sure Reset Region = Region 3
Change to the Slots tab.
Make sure Slot1 has a home region of Region 1 and Slot 2 has a home region of Region 2.

This is pretty much what the standard window layouts do, but with specific sizing in mind.
<<

AllpowerFool

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:34 am

ssd 500G hdd

This hurts my head, is it a hybrid drive? I heard a few companies were making those, but I've never used one. sorry I know this is completely unrelated, and probably not the best first post either :oops:

Return to General discussion