FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Linux Install?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ANPres

Post Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:15 pm

Linux Install?

The only thing keeping me on Windoze is that I cannot find a good solution to run ISboxer on Linux.
I've searched, found reference to same.. with the impression it should work, but I've had no luck w/ Wine.
I tried "Playonlinux" and it took, but wouldn't load or stay loaded.

Is there a way?
Do I have to go to something like, Crossover? VirtualBox?
If that's the case, then I have another problem with my G13.
(I'm hoping I can fake Linux, get my G13 recognized and useable in innerspace..)

Other than that, I *love* this program.. you did a hellofa job with the one program that does what is says all the time.
I own an ISP, spend countless hours every night watching my network by playing my games. What would I do without ISBoxer???
My kudos is that I never think about not renewing, you've got a lifelong customer here.
But as the owner of something, it's always nice to hear.

Thanks much!
<<

ANPres

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:49 am

Re: Linux Install?

So, can I assume there is no workable "step by step" way to install ISBoxer on Linux?
Has anyone had any luck making it work?

Thanks much.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:08 am

Ermm.. well, it's not really a popular thing to do.. :)

Inner Space has worked on Linux before under Wine. I don't know the current state, I haven't personally tested running it on Linux in a long time. ISBoxer Toolkit being .NET, wouldn't run under Mono at the time (no idea if it will now) so we needed to run the ISBoxer Toolkit part on Windows and then Inner Space under Wine.
<<

jainician

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:49 pm

With Windoze Ten going end of support and Widoze 11 Telling so many users of perfectly fine hardware to go eff them selves. Linux needs to be better supported. Chop Chop

Return to General discussion