FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Preventing User Account Control (UAC) dialog

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kawu

Post Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:23 am

Preventing User Account Control (UAC) dialog

Hello.

ISBoxer Toolkit and IS itself is asking for a User Account Control dialog at all times when starting up via desktop link.

Is there a way to not display this dialog and set it to allow UAC to be changed automatically?

Regards
Kawu
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:33 am

Re: Preventing User Account Control (UAC) dialog

UAC is a Windows thing when a program says it requires Admin access.
There are reasons why Admin access is required.

You have two options.

1. Change the Windows prompt settings for UAC. You do this in Windows. This is also global to Windows. Changing this setting may reduce your computer security.

2. You can install InnerSpace and ISBoxer into a non protected folder. The default install is into the Program Files (x86) folder, which is protected and requires Admin access to make changes to (one of the reasons for admin access). When in a non protected folder, you can unselect (clear the red dot) the Run as Administrator option for Inner Space (in the Configuration screen). Note: this has not been extensively tested, so some games may not launch/work correctly without this (another reason for admin access).

The toolkit does not have an run as admin option you can turn off, and it has not been changed to detect its install location, so will probably still prompt unless you enact point 1.
<<

kawu

Post Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:41 am

Re: Preventing User Account Control (UAC) dialog

I found this, which worked for me for Windows 11:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/change_user_account_control_(uac)_prompt_behavior_for_standard_users_in_windows_10.html

I think, being on an admin account this dialog doesn't make any sense anyway. -> "what am I an administrator for"? :roll:

Thanks for helping!

Return to General discussion