FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer has been blocked from an action only...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sparvath

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:44 pm

ISBoxer has been blocked from an action only...

available to the Blizzard UI.

I keep getting this message since Blizzard launched the new find guild and find community this morning in EU.

I have also have had loading game client at 100% on toons where it took forever for that window to load.

Worked like a charm yesterday but both this morning and now I keep getting the UI message when I open Guild & Communities
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:34 pm

Re: ISBoxer has been blocked from an action only...

What did you change between then and now?

To get the message you're describing, I would assume you must have added something to your configuration that accesses protected Blizzard functions. ISBoxer Addon does no such thing by default, and if it is from ISBoxer Addon the easiest way to get back to a good state is to just go to File, Clear and run the Quick Setup Wizard again.

Otherwise, the message could be wrong and caused by unrelated addons. You can of course disable your addons to rule them out.
<<

sparvath

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:03 pm

nothing was added from my side. I logged the evening before with no problem and the next morning the error started. The only message I got was the the game wanted to disable ISBoxer
<<

Wizeowel

Post Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:47 am

I got this same message (in Wow Classic) when I did /tar friendname the other day while standing near bank.

Didn't think anything of it; clicked ignore. But now I see this message maybe it's worth testing. What's a good way to see which addon is actually hooking /tar.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:11 am

sparvath wrote:nothing was added from my side. I logged the evening before with no problem and the next morning the error started. The only message I got was the the game wanted to disable ISBoxer

So am I to understand you read my suggestions and did nothing with them?

As this does not happen to me I cannot do any tests on my end to determine the issue. The tests must be done by you on your PC, and I detailed a few for you.

Same to wizeowel, we cannot track this down for you, especially not without your ISBoxer configuration. If it is your ISBoxer configuration, it's likely a command added to a WoW macro. You can rule out your ISBoxer configuration by clearing it and starting from the Quick Setup Wizard.

I am feeling a little bit repetitive.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:35 am

lax wrote:Same to wizeowel, we cannot track this down for you, especially not without your ISBoxer configuration. If it is your ISBoxer configuration, it's likely a command added to a WoW macro. You can rule out your ISBoxer configuration by clearing it and starting from the Quick Setup Wizard.

At the office now, was planning to test it later, but it was from /tar playername typed into chat, so not a macro. I was more thinking of

lax wrote:the message could be wrong and caused by unrelated addons

when I wondered about how to best see the actual call stack. But sure, naturally I will try testing with a clean config and disabling addons.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:28 am

This is the generic message that the UI shows when an add-on, any add-on, has tainted the UI. However, the add-on that is called out for the actual taint, is likely not to be the add-on that's causing it. The only way that ISBoxer's add-on could be causing an issue like this is if you've got a macro that runs code that actually taints the UI, but the likelihood of that is quite low.
<<

sparvath

Post Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:09 pm

No addons was added between logging at night session or just afer and logging back in the next morning. and none of my addons have had updates in days

Only change was Blizzard went live with Guild & Communities Finder and everytime I open it it says ISBoxer has made the error.

Disable all addons = no error
Enable all addons = ISBoxer has been blocked bla bla bla
Enable all addons minus ISBoxer = no error. tested with over 30 characters
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:51 pm

sparvath wrote:No addons was added between logging at night session or just afer and logging back in the next morning. and none of my addons have had updates in days

Just because an add-on that you use wasn't updated immediately after a patch, doesn't mean there isn't an update that is needed to fix whatever it may be tainting. If ISBoxer was truly at fault, which it can't be because it doesn't touch that part of the UI, then people would have flooded the forum stating that they have the same issue, but so far, you're the first and only to report the issue after the most recent patch.

I will also add that I do not get this error when accessing the Guild & Communities Finder.

sparvath wrote:Only change was Blizzard went live with Guild & Communities Finder and everytime I open it it says ISBoxer has made the error.

Disable all addons = no error
Enable all addons = ISBoxer has been blocked bla bla bla
Enable all addons minus ISBoxer = no error. tested with over 30 characters

I don't mean to sound rude, but if you want to see if an add-on is causing the problem, then you should probably run the test with only that add-on enabled. In other words, the obvious test to run would be to enable only ISBoxer, to see if the error re-occurs.

Return to General discussion