FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer beta/2

Moderator: MiRai

<<

artte

Post Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:50 am

ISBoxer beta/2

Long timer user,(almost) first time poster.
I thought that being able to join the beta etc was just a matter of applying via your profile and it would be accepted by someone.
I don't know how long ago(years) since I did it but never seems to get accepted to go to beta forum.
Was is scrapped or is ISBoxer 2 still in the works?
Last edited by artte on Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:40 am

Re: ISBoxer beta/2

:)

The trick with the beta group is that I pop applicants into the beta group in waves as needed for testing. It's a bit of a long story but ISBoxer 2 got put on hold when World of Warcraft made a rule change prohibiting input broadcasting; I focused on building Joe Multiboxer (JMB). So yes, it has been a bit since I've added beta testers.

JMB and Inner Space share a lot of code, so almost all enhancements made for JMB also meant enhancements for Inner Space. Because of all the improvements to the API and GUI system and such, a lot of work can be cut out now by dropping the need for a separate program like ISBoxer Toolkit or ISBoxer 2.

With that said... I've been in the bat cave working on a secret bat project! :twisted:

More details in the coming weeks
<<

artte

Post Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:01 am

Re: ISBoxer beta/2

Thanks for the quick respons!

I did know about the wave part however I think I have been applying during some of those, maybe not all get to join each time. It's fine tho, I merely wanted some new info.
I understand why you decided to put in on hold. It was a sad day when they changed the rules for us. I don't get along with JMB for one reason, D2R. I cannot seem to get it to work like with Inner Space.
There probably isn't the same function for it in JMB, that might be possible to add? With Inner Space I just launch one character from a set at a time and works great. JMB not so much. Can't even start up two clients, just jumps back to first client that has started already.
I would love it if these kind of things where as easy in JMB to do as in IS. I agree that the toolkit/boxer 'extra program' would be nice to cut out of the whole experience.
I very much wanna see what you bring out from the bat cave! ;)

Ending with saying thanks to you and everyone who has worked on this and spent the time on it for people like me to enjoy and getting more from the games I enjoy playing. <3

Return to General discussion