FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] simple 2 melee set up for slave to auto assist attack

Moderator: MiRai

<<

crankybstrd

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:34 pm

simple 2 melee set up for slave to auto assist attack

I am sorry if this seems to be a complete nub question but here goes...

I have simple need to set up 2 melee toons Warrior (master or slot1) DK (slave or slot2) which I created using the wizard for setup. When I first tried to play, the slot2 toon repeated keystroke the slot1 toon did. This was a problem as 1) movment became a mess, 2) follwo was all messed up, 3) nothing was being attacked by the slot2 toon as it was not close enough to do anything - or at least I thought this was the issue. I also went and got the Jamba addon becasue I thought that would help. I did help me with getting around the whole follow on switching windows thing but not much else. At this point all I want is for the slot 2 toon to follow slot1, when slot1 attacks a mob then slot2 should also target it and attack. I dont even care about trying to have slot2 do anything more than autoattack the same target as slot1 at this point becasue at least that would be something...

I cant find a simple and easy instruction on how to get this working. At this point I have wasted nearly 6 hours of my life and this isboxer is supposed to be helping not slowing me down. I have pretty much given up on hopes of getting isboxer to help me with multiple classes of casters/melee/tanks and/or heals. Can someone please help point me in the right direction to just get two melee to kill the same damn target?

Thanks for helping - I really could use the assist as I dont think I can handle any more fructration with chasing dead ends at this point.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: simple 2 melee set up for slave to auto assist attack

The Quick Setup Wizard sets up for you exactly what you're describing you want. I understand your frustration that it didn't seem to work right away. Usually if it doesn't work straight "out of the box" it's either that the ISBoxer Addon is not enabled (from the Character Selection screen; this Addon is created when you Export to Inner Space, and is what installs the WoW macros ISBoxer sets up for your team), or that your guys happen to be logged into the "wrong" windows. You can find out if they're in the wrong windows by doing an Export to Inner Space with the game windows closed. If it complains about account names, click Yes and it should automatically correct it for you.

Another common reason to run into issues immediately is if you made changes to the ISBoxer configuration from the wizard, before trying it out in the game. If you did that, just do a File, Clear, and run the wizard again, and try it out in the game.

The guide you're wishing existed is linked all over including right when you first launch ISBoxer, it's called the Quick Start Guide. Here's the WoW-specific Quick Start Guide: http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quick_Start_Guide.

I highly recommend going through the whole Quick Start Guide, but sections 4 and 5 (Key Maps vs Repeater, and Beginning Gameplay) may be particularly helpful for these specific questions. The first time you run ISBoxer, you should run through the things in the Beginning Gameplay section to make sure it is all working.

Return to General