FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help for a New Boxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dawkinz

Post Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:35 pm

Help for a New Boxer

Hi All,

I'm brand new to multiboxing with ISBoxer and have been following along some tutorials (thanks mirai for the videos), thus far everything feature wise is amazing except for one thing - performance.

My main window works fine, but my other windows are slideshows - we are talking <5 fps. Obviously this makes boxing unplayable, follow simply doesn't work, they drop all the time, etc. What makes the situation weird is I purchased a new computer specifically to box with - its got 64 GB of ram, a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, an i7-9700k CPU, and should be able to handle 5 wows somewhat easily (I hope lol).

Before I tried ISBoxer I used hotkeynet, and I can do that with 5 wows on high settings without any issue, everything runs smoothly (not even going past 50% on CPU, RAM or Graphics). Based on some task-manager analysis, it looks like when I run the wows with ISBoxer the RTX isn't being used at all - the other graphics (an intel chip) is getting pushed to 100% and the RTX is at 0. Is there something I've missed on the ISBoxer settings? I've ensured I have the most up-to-date drivers and that NVIDIA is being used when I use wow, and nothing helps.

If anyone has run into this before (or can help me trouble shoot - I am not very tech savvy unfortunately) I would really appreciate some help!

Thank you.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:28 pm

Re: Help for a New Boxer

This particular issue usually crops up with laptops rather than desktops.

On a laptop it requires finding the correct intel driver that pays attention to the app being launched. idk what they do, but they managed to muck it up every few releases.
It may be much the same with the desktop and you need to find the correct driver for the intel onboard graphics, however, there are usually a few things you can do.

1. make sure your monitor is NOT connected to the onboard outputs.
2. disable the intel GPU in the BIOS
3. check your characters in game settings (the game options), and make sure they are selected to use the Nvidia GPU.
4. check WOW's CONFIG-CHARNAME.WTF files in the WTF folder. Make sure they are not directing to the Intel GPU (actually not sure of the options in the file here but I'd look at SET hwDetect and SET gxWindow)
5. create a specific profile in the NVidia Control Panel.
<<

Dawkinz

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:37 am

Re: Help for a New Boxer

I'm not going to pretend I understand how it works - but based on your suggestion I swapped where my main monitor and secondary monitors are plugged in (main one now looks to plug directly in to graphics card) and it totally fixed my problem - everything is smooth as butter. Thank you so much!

I tried to direct message you - I would really like to express my gratitude, let me know if I can send you a tip - you just saved me a bunch of time.

Return to General