FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

launching lotro from a command prompt

Moderator: MiRai

<<

PatrickRx

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:07 am

launching lotro from a command prompt

Rather than right clicking on inner space on my task bar and launching LOTRO by clicking on the correct character set form the pop-up menu, is it possible to launch using a command prompt? I'm trying to setup an AutoHotKey script to launch LOTRO in inner space and then log in to my 3 account automatically. I figured it would be easiest if I could use a command prompt to start the process. If anyone has a better idea of how to automate this process I'd love to hear it too.

Thanks!

-patrick

ps - I'm really sorry if this has been asked and answered already, I spent quite a bit of time searching, honest :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:37 am

Re: launching lotro from a command prompt

Discussion of automation, including autologin, is not permitted on isboxer.com. Any type of autologin for these games is insecure, so this is why it will never be available in ISBoxer itself (aside from being questionable gaming-related automation).

However, to answer your question, yes you can launch your Character Set via command prompt. Right click your Character Set in the top pane in ISBoxer, and select Generate desktop shortcut. Then your desktop shortcut will contain the command you can use to launch your team.
<<

ShadowKntSDS

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:51 am

lax wrote:However, to answer your question, yes you can launch your Character Set via command prompt. Right click your Character Set in the top pane in ISBoxer, and select Generate desktop shortcut. Then your desktop shortcut will contain the command you can use to launch your team.

Every time a try this, I get a shortcut to launch Mass Effect 2 (?!?). Not only that, but it appears to be the type of short cut that does not allow you to directly view the command line in the properties. Right clicking "create shortcut" on the new icon just makes a reference to the Mass Effect 2 "shortcut" (which in my case is named "lotro"). I've only seen a few of these before and they are pretty new to me. All very wtf.

This is in Win 7. I tried this with IS 37 and IS 38 with the same results.
<<

ShadowKntSDS

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:35 pm

I deleted Mass Effect 2 while cleaning my hard drive, and now instead of creating a link to ME2, it just creates a 0 byte file.
<<

Berserker

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:27 pm

It works for me in Rift.
<<

ShadowKntSDS

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Changing the Character Set name from "Lotro: 6 team" to "Lotro 6 team" fixed the problem. Seems windows was barfing on the file name having a ":", and ISBoxer was not handling it gracefully.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:21 pm

Aha! I'll fix that case, thank you for reporting it. I was a little confused as to how it could possibly be doing what you're describing ;)

Return to General